Finance Brokers

Old Apr 26th 2003, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

jameslucy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finance Brokers

Has anyone considered or is using a finance broker to help with money conversions, tax rebates, pensions, insurance etc.
They charge £95 admin fee.

Any info would be great.

Lucy
Old Apr 26th 2003, 1:53 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finance Brokers

Who charges £95 Lucy?

And what exactly do you get for your money? Are there any extra costs for each of the items you have noted?

Best regards.

Originally posted by jameslucy
Has anyone considered or is using a finance broker to help with money conversions, tax rebates, pensions, insurance etc.
They charge £95 admin fee.

Any info would be great.

Lucy
Old Apr 26th 2003, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

jameslucy is an unknown quantity at this point

The compnay is called Maroubra Inter Ltd - based in Wiltshire - theyn say they will assess the financial ramifications of our move to Oz.

- they say they offer help with exiting the UK tax system, offshore banking, UK pensions and provide an financial report.

I am unsure about this as we ae not exactly taking £millions with us. However they were recommened by AMA (the people who got our visa).

Do we need this sort of thing?

Lucy
Old Apr 27th 2003, 12:55 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

As a general observation I have found that most people have some aspect of their tax or financial affairs that merits some kind of review - whether they are moving to Australia or not.

Where you are moving from one country to another that is particularly true, as financial products that might work tax-wise in one country may not when you move to another.

As to the company in question, I would only say that you should check the competencies and qualifications of the person/people involved, and the independence of his/their advice. I know I can be accused of self-interest, but if I were engaging an advisor it would be someone independent, and with professional qualifications.

One last point. I have heard the offshore banking issue mentioned before: please note that if you are moving to Australia and become tax resident there having an offshore bank account is simply unnecessary, as your worldwide income will be assessable. If this is indicative of the type of advice that might be on offer I would be very careful ...

Best regards.

Originally posted by jameslucy
The compnay is called Maroubra Inter Ltd - based in Wiltshire - theyn say they will assess the financial ramifications of our move to Oz.

- they say they offer help with exiting the UK tax system, offshore banking, UK pensions and provide an financial report.

I am unsure about this as we ae not exactly taking £millions with us. However they were recommened by AMA (the people who got our visa).

Do we need this sort of thing?

Lucy