Reload this Page >

finally sold our house

finally sold our house

Old Jul 1st 2003, 8:11 pm
I liek beer

DevMountain is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking finally sold our house

Thank God,

We got our visa's in May and we have only just sold our house after it being on the market for 7 months. I can't believe that we can finally make arrangements to go......

Melbourne watch out..

i think that i am happier now than when i got the visa's

Old Jul 1st 2003, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

nice one

well it's peak selling season now so good luck to all

cheers

richard
Old Jul 1st 2003, 8:17 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: finally sold our house

Originally posted by DevMountain
Thank God,

We got our visa's in May and we have only just sold our house after it being on the market for 7 months. I can't believe that we can finally make arrangements to go......

Melbourne watch out..

Don't want to put a dampner on things but we have had our sale dragged out by the buyer of my husbands home should have completed last week now he wants to view work that was carried out before he will proceed. He has basically pulled everything he possibly could to try and drop the price and stall the completetion hopefully there will not be many of them like him out there as it is the most stressful house sale we have ever been through. So far has taken over 11 weeks from offer to date and still no idea when it will all be sorted. We daren't say get lost to him as we need to sell ASAP

My house sale is going through with completion first week in Sept but will only count my chicken when we exchange.

Would not recommend selling 2 houses at once. STRESS!! I will need a holiday after all this

Jo
Old Jul 1st 2003, 8:23 pm
I liek beer

DevMountain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by joh117
Don't want to put a dampner on things but we have had our sale dragged out by the buyer of my husbands home should have completed last week now he wants to view work that was carried out before he will proceed. He has basically pulled everything he possibly could to try and drop the price and stall the completetion hopefully there will not be many of them like him out there as it is the most stressful house sale we have ever been through. So far has taken over 11 weeks from offer to date and still no idea when it will all be sorted. We daren't say get lost to him as we need to sell ASAP

My house sale is going through with completion first week in Sept but will only count my chicken when we exchange.

Would not recommend selling 2 houses at once. STRESS!! I will need a holiday after all this

Jo
HI Jo

sorry to hear it.

Selling houses is soo stressfull. I am hoping that our's will go through OK. Luckily we still have the HSBC guarrantee on ours. Our buyers have already had their searches etc completed so lets hope for a simple completion!
Old Jul 1st 2003, 8:32 pm
earlswood

Well done Dev!!

Wish it was us hope it all goes smoothly

Earlswood

Old Jul 1st 2003, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by r.bartlett
nice one

well it's peak selling season now so good luck to all

cheers

richard
Not according to the Estate Agents round here, they have told me July/Aug are the quietest months!! Apparently Jan/Feb are the busiest.
I thought the summer was the busiest as well.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Thank God,

Melbourne watch out..

That is brilliant news DevMountain!

Let the games begin!!!

All the very best to you and your family.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 9:27 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

HI Jo

sorry to hear it.

Selling houses is soo stressfull. I am hoping that our's will go through OK. Luckily we still have the HSBC guarrantee on ours. Our buyers have already had their searches etc completed so lets hope for a simple completion!

Oh we will get there in the end but really never want to encounter a buyer like this one again. It causes stress between the two of us and it really should be stress free no chain, survey and searches done months ago and mortgage offer through empty house all we are waiting for is the go ahead to take the keys to the agent and the money! The buyer keeps digging in his heels tried to drop the price last week and when we said no way put it back on the market he came straight back will complete by the end of the week. Now into the next week and he wants to view the house empty before he exchanges.

We are bowing to the latest whim tomorrow but with conditions that he exchanges within hours of the viewing (both parties have signed) and completed with 5 working days.

Oh well I have a week booked in Spain in Sept and will need it then.

Getting the visa was the easy part selling the houses a nightmare

Fingers crossed noone else goes through this and I can't wait for buying in Oz they have a time limit from offer to completion someone ought to change the laws on house buying in England.

Jo
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Peeps

Our estate agent said the summer months (schools holidays) are very quiet. If it gets more quieter than it is now then I dont know if we,ll ever sell.
Gotta keep positive,gotta keep positive.

booboo