Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Finally settled in Melbourne

Finally settled in Melbourne

Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of
Talking Finally settled in Melbourne

Thought id give a quick update. We arrived in Melbourne on Feb 16th and were greeted by my husbands cousins. Did the usual stuff like medicare, driving licences etc. that was all very straight forward. the hardest bit was trying to find a house to rent. Getting the estate agents to return calls is a nightmare!! Over three weeks i think we actually got to view 3 houses!! Luckily we fell in love with one of them and were lucky enough to be picked to rent it. It is in Seaford on the borders of Frankston. We absolutely love it here so far.

Hubby found work through a friend of a friend and although he doesnt start until 16th April they have already given him a 4 x 4 and a mobile phone. His interview consisted of sitting and drinking beers. i like their style!!

So what i really need to know is if there are any other mums of small children in the area? Or does anyone know of any good playgroups nearby. I am on my 3rd day at home alone and think that if i dont make an effort to meet people soon i will wear all the varnish off of our new furniture. I love spending all this time with my 9 month old but she is not a very good conversationalist yet!!!!

We have loved every second so far i just need to get out there and meet a few people so any advice would be gratefully received.

Good luck to anyone making the big move any time soon, jan
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally settled in Melbourne

Welcome to Melbourne!
I'm not down your way but I know there are loads of British expats that way,,I'm sure some of them will be along soon with offers of friendship!
You could also try posting on Britvics , I'm sure the Mornington "Pommettes" will make you very welcome!
Lorraine
Old Mar 29th 2007, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of
Default Re: Finally settled in Melbourne

Originally Posted by Poppett44
Welcome to Melbourne!
I'm not down your way but I know there are loads of British expats that way,,I'm sure some of them will be along soon with offers of friendship!
You could also try posting on Britvics , I'm sure the Mornington "Pommettes" will make you very welcome!
Lorraine
Thankyou. I will pop on to Britvics to have a look x