Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Finally - a quick hello from Melbourne!!

Finally - a quick hello from Melbourne!!

Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finally - a quick hello from Melbourne!!

Well we have been in Melbourne for 2 weeks now, after our month in Malaysia (fab time!). Adam has started work - already been semi-promoted with a tiny payrise to go with his tiny wage Still, not bad after a week! Bought a car and have spent the last week looking around heaps of rentals - not an easy task as not many are that great and being accompanied by my 2 & 4 year olds not recommended Have put an application in on a nice house in Patterson Lakes - but I think we're not top of the pile (I can tell when I'm being avoided). Running out of options in this area - might have to look out at Cranbourne or might even look at buying....

I'm very out of touch with Expats as haven't had the time to log on for 6 weeks - what with precious time at Internet cafes/libraries being used for essentials!!

Apart from all the sorting out - having a great time with great weather and not homesick yet at all. Plenty for the girls to do, so that helps.

Hopefully will be connected at a home soon.

Take care everyone

Rachel
Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of
Default Re: Finally - a quick hello from Melbourne!!

Originally Posted by The Crow
Well we have been in Melbourne for 2 weeks now, after our month in Malaysia (fab time!). Adam has started work - already been semi-promoted with a tiny payrise to go with his tiny wage Still, not bad after a week! Bought a car and have spent the last week looking around heaps of rentals - not an easy task as not many are that great and being accompanied by my 2 & 4 year olds not recommended Have put an application in on a nice house in Patterson Lakes - but I think we're not top of the pile (I can tell when I'm being avoided). Running out of options in this area - might have to look out at Cranbourne or might even look at buying....

I'm very out of touch with Expats as haven't had the time to log on for 6 weeks - what with precious time at Internet cafes/libraries being used for essentials!!

Apart from all the sorting out - having a great time with great weather and not homesick yet at all. Plenty for the girls to do, so that helps.

Take care everyone

Rachel

Hi

We are moving to Mornington from Brisbane in a couple of weeks, renting in Mornington itself. We have 2 little 'angels', 4 and 3(tomorrow).

Hope to go to a meet soon.

Good luck
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

playbunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really nice

Take care everyone

Rachel

Hello

We have been in Patterson Lakes 15 months and are from Keynsham near Bristol if you know it? There is a house for lease a couple of streets away from us we are in Harbour town. We really love the area and my son goes to four year old kinder and it is fantastic the teacher is great. I have a two year old as year who goes to the occasinal care centre sometimes which is also very handy if you have no family to help out they stay there from 9-12pm and it costs $20 for two children or $12 for one child.

My friend from kinder works at centry 21 I will ask here about rentals tommorrow she may know if there is anything new coming on.

Im sure you will love it here the people have been so friendly towards us it made it easy to settle in the area im sure you will find the same.

Good luck
Marianne
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by playbunny75
Hello

We have been in Patterson Lakes 15 months and are from Keynsham near Bristol if you know it? There is a house for lease a couple of streets away from us we are in Harbour town. We really love the area and my son goes to four year old kinder and it is fantastic the teacher is great. I have a two year old as year who goes to the occasinal care centre sometimes which is also very handy if you have no family to help out they stay there from 9-12pm and it costs $20 for two children or $12 for one child.

My friend from kinder works at centry 21 I will ask here about rentals tommorrow she may know if there is anything new coming on.

Im sure you will love it here the people have been so friendly towards us it made it easy to settle in the area im sure you will find the same.

Good luck
Marianne
The child care arrangements sound good. Our 4 year old is on a waiting list at Motningtons pre schools, never thought about where our 3 year old could go. Wife doesnt work (yet) so would help out if needed.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:15 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Take care everyone

Rachel
Hello Rachel, glad to hear things are going well.

How are you finding the cabin?
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

playbunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by paulb
The child care arrangements sound good. Our 4 year old is on a waiting list at Motningtons pre schools, never thought about where our 3 year old could go. Wife doesnt work (yet) so would help out if needed.
We are actually moving to Mount Martha (we are building) I have my 2 year old down on the waiting list for three year old kinder. I know the pre school in mornington high street (lesile Moorland) is suppose to be good so have put her name down for that one. I know they also do occasinal care in Mornington (albert street) the one my daughter goes to has a simular structure to kinder so it helps get her used to doing things on her own so when she does start kinder she should be alright.

How are you enjoying it there?
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

We are actually moving to Mount Martha (we are building) I have my 2 year old down on the waiting list for three year old kinder. I know the pre school in mornington high street (lesile Moorland) is suppose to be good so have put her name down for that one. I know they also do occasinal care in Mornington (albert street) the one my daughter goes to has a simular structure to kinder so it helps get her used to doing things on her own so when she does start kinder she should be alright.

How are you enjoying it there?
We move from Brissy to Mornington on 18th March, driving down!!
Maybe we can meet up once we get there.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Rachel
Old Mar 8th 2006, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paulb
We move from Brissy to Mornington on 18th March, driving down!!
Maybe we can meet up once we get there.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Rachel
That would be good you can pm me when you get here and are settled we are quite often at Mornington.

If you need any info I will try and help if I can

Marianne
Old Mar 8th 2006, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

That would be good you can pm me when you get here and are settled we are quite often at Mornington.

If you need any info I will try and help if I can

Marianne

Pm'd you Marianne.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Good luck
Marianne
Thanks for that - the childcare sounds good! Apparently the landlord is worried that our kids might make too much noise for the elderly neighbours... they will make noise that's for sure - but then so would many other tenants in other ways - we'll see what happens! Hopefully we can meet up at some point soon. I haven't had the chance to search for any meet ups in the area.

Cheers

Rachel
Old Mar 8th 2006, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fraser
Hello Rachel, glad to hear things are going well.

How are you finding the cabin?
Hi Fraser

The cabin's great - luckily as I have a feeling we'll be there another couple of weeks. At least it is warmer than when you were here!

Have you got work now? I'm sure I've missed lots in the last 6 weeks - although I see Arkon is still having a hard time poor chap!

I'll keep you posted and hopefully meet you and yours soon.

Rachel
Old Mar 8th 2006, 7:18 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fraser

The cabin's great - luckily as I have a feeling we'll be there another couple of weeks. At least it is warmer than when you were here!

Have you got work now? I'm sure I've missed lots in the last 6 weeks - although I see Arkon is still having a hard time poor chap!

I'll keep you posted and hopefully meet you and yours soon.

Rachel
I've been doing a bit of casual work unloading containers.

We're doing good thanks, we're looking forward to meeting you all

Which cabin are you in, we were in 20.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fraser
I've been doing a bit of casual work unloading containers.

We're doing good thanks, we're looking forward to meeting you all

Which cabin are you in, we were in 20.
THAT'S TOO FREAKY.....WE'RE IN 20 TOO!!
Old Mar 8th 2006, 8:21 am

THAT'S TOO FREAKY.....WE'RE IN 20 TOO!!
Dont knock the plastic trim in the main bedroom as e cracked it and stuck it back
Old Mar 8th 2006, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

g-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to all

Take care everyone

Rachel
hi we have finally arrived in geelong about 50 mins away not to home sick either, hubby just bought me a lap top so this is my first visit to the site since the big move
toni

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.