Finally here!

Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:10 am
Back in Brisbane!

fimart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finally here!

Well we finally got here! We arrived last week and after an exhausting week looking for a rental house and car we are relaxing in the bush in Gympie with relatives. It got to about 0 degrees last night but there is nothing cosier than sitting in front of the kero heater drinking hot tea. In the daytime we are walking about in tshirts and popping on a jumper when in the shade. I have got back into Australian life quite quickly and feel like the six years in the UK were just a dream and apart from the panic that set in with my husband when he realised he needed to find us somewhere to live and something to drive, he is settling in quite nicely as well. People say I am getting back my Australian accent and I have also heard my husband start a sentence in Wigan and end it up high somewhere like Australians do.
We have found a rental house in Sandgate in Brisbane. It is one street away from the waterfront and close to one of the best fish and chips shops in the region. Husband has already recalled his fishing rod from where it was being stored and is already to move in. We have the big appliance shop this weekend and then hopefully we can start to settle down.
Well just thought I would update everyone as everyone was so helpful when I was having panic attacks about getting my husband's visa and selling our UK home.

See ya
Fimart
Old Jul 8th 2004, 7:33 am
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Finally here!

[

Hi Fimart

Thanks for the update

Sounds like your having a very busy but enjoyable time.

Good luck with your new life

Keep us posted.

Regards

Julia
Old Jul 8th 2004, 7:38 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fimart,
welcome home
M&C
Old Jul 8th 2004, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fimart. Glad to hear you are settling back into the aussie lifestyle so quickly. I can't wait to get back home either after 12 years in the UK. Just waiting for the house to sell and then we're off.

Regards

Gina