Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Finally got some dog meat!

Finally got some dog meat!

Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of
Default Finally got some dog meat!

My husband has been trying to get duck meat for a week now. He has tried various shops and no-one could understand what he was asking for. One butcher thought he was asking for dog meat, and after a conversation of 'duck meat', 'what....dog meat', 'no...duck meat', 'dog?' etc he gave up and walked out.
Anyway, today I took matters into my own hands and asked a butcher for duck meat. He looked very confused until I said 'duck, as in quack quack' (actions included). He then shouted to his boss 'she wants quack quack'. Anyway, his boss went into the back of the shop and came out with frozen duck breasts. Hurray! So now I know what to do when I need 'quack quack'.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:09 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Finally got some dog meat!

Originally Posted by RReed
My husband has been trying to get duck meat for a week now. He has tried various shops and no-one could understand what he was asking for. One butcher thought he was asking for dog meat, and after a conversation of 'duck meat', 'what....dog meat', 'no...duck meat', 'dog?' etc he gave up and walked out.
Anyway, today I took matters into my own hands and asked a butcher for duck meat. He looked very confused until I said 'duck, as in quack quack' (actions included). He then shouted to his boss 'she wants quack quack'. Anyway, his boss went into the back of the shop and came out with frozen duck breasts. Hurray! So now I know what to do when I need 'quack quack'.
I'm so pleased it wasn't Turkey meat you were after. :scared:
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:13 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Best place to find duck is in the Chineese stores/butchers. Do you know where China town is in town? Go there

Word of warning to those with tender stomachs. Go in with half your eyes closed as they have some strange food too...I nearly barrffed up

Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:14 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Bordy
Go stand in the corner, naughty, naughty Bordy

Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:17 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Go stand in the corner, naughty, naughty Bordy
I better get back to work. But you know what they say about it takes a dirty mind to know a dirty mind.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:47 am
Phoenixuk2oz

I better get back to work. But you know what they say about it takes a dirty mind to know a dirty mind.
You are faaaar too cheeky

Don't have a clue what you mean

Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Look forward to xmas
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:51 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Look forward to xmas
Oh REALLY...crikey...didn't know you knew Boardy that well :scared:

Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:58 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Duk or Dook? Qwak or Qwark?

Riit it doon?
Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:01 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Megalania
Duk or Dook? Qwak or Qwark?

Riit it doon?
Have they finally let you out then Meg

Maybe a spare bed for me now then eh

Pass us your cardi m8

Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:04 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Have they finally let you out then Meg

Maybe a spare bed for me now then eh

Pass us your cardi m8
Bleedin' Pooms! Eever caint talk propa or riite gibberish!
Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:12 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Megalania
Bleedin' Pooms! Eever caint talk propa or riite gibberish!
Lol...aye....we must be related

Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:29 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

I am glad you have told us that because I LOVE duck and I will need it when we get to Oz. I now know that I have to say quak quak and do the hand gestures so thank you for that, I will get practising.
Julie