Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Finally got the reference

Finally got the reference

Old Jun 27th 2006, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Finally got the reference

After 6 weeks being messed around by one old work colleague, I approached another of hubby's old line managers for a reference and finally after 2 more weeks grovelling the reference arrived this morning and i am over the moon.
If you have been following my recent threads you will understand why this last 2 months have been totally stressful. I have been on the phone for hours grovelling to people i do not even know because hubby is not allowed to use his work phone for personal use. This reference is the last piece of information we needed to get the TRA started.It covers 7 years as an electrician. All i need to do now is get it certified and send it to our agents.

does anyone know how long TRA are taking at the moment?
Thanks for all the support i received during these last few weeks.
Jackie
Old Jun 27th 2006, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all
Default Re: Finally got the reference

Originally Posted by jwood
After 6 weeks being messed around by one old work colleague, I approached another of hubby's old line managers for a reference and finally after 2 more weeks grovelling the reference arrived this morning and i am over the moon.
If you have been following my recent threads you will understand why this last 2 months have been totally stressful. I have been on the phone for hours grovelling to people i do not even know because hubby is not allowed to use his work phone for personal use. This reference is the last piece of information we needed to get the TRA started.It covers 7 years as an electrician. All i need to do now is get it certified and send it to our agents.

Jackie
Jackie you must be feeling so relieved. That's great news. Good luck with the rest of the application.
Lesleym
Old Jun 27th 2006, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LesleyM
Jackie you must be feeling so relieved. That's great news. Good luck with the rest of the application.
Lesleym

Thanks, relieved, i could run around the streets laughing hysterically but I'd probably get arrested LOL.I hope the rest of the application won't be as stressful as the last 2 months.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, you finally got it!!! Well done with your persistance... I hope you and your other half get a chance to celebrate your tenacity.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

HI Jackie

I read your previous posts and I know exactly how you felt. I had to beg and plead for around 3 months for our accoutant to work out our business net assets, without which we wouldnt be granted our visa. Needless to say hundreds of pounds later, agent says we should have our visa by end of June early July.

I dont know about the tra turnaround time sorry but probably no more than a couple of months I imagine.

The hard parts do end but then again something else comes. LOL

Nicola
Old Jun 27th 2006, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Finally got the reference

Been worrying about your situation since your last thread! All I can say is well done - your patience has now been sucessfully stretched further than anyone could possibly imagine it could.

Congratulations on getting there! TRA wasnt that long for us in April - under a month.

Paula
Old Jun 27th 2006, 1:44 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Jackie
That's great Jackie! Our TRA took two weeks from when they received it to when they sent out the passed letter

Good luck to you
Old Jun 27th 2006, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Downies
Been worrying about your situation since your last thread! All I can say is well done - your patience has now been sucessfully stretched further than anyone could possibly imagine it could.

Congratulations on getting there! TRA wasnt that long for us in April - under a month.

Paula
Under a month, that was quick. Hope ours is as quick, i am all patience'd out now. Hope the agents don't take to long sending it to TRA place.
I have to do some more grovelling tomorrow as i need an hour of work to get it certified. Must admit my boss if realy good. Altough i do get in half an hour early every day and don't always have time for a lunch break so i guess he has to compromise somewhere as he's usualy late and i have to open the centre.
Jackie
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:02 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Under a month, that was quick. Hope ours is as quick, i am all patience'd out now. Hope the agents don't take to long sending it to TRA place.
I have to do some more grovelling tomorrow as i need an hour of work to get it certified. Must admit my boss if realy good. Altough i do get in half an hour early every day and don't always have time for a lunch break so i guess he has to compromise somewhere as he's usualy late and i have to open the centre.
Jackie
Are you MODL? They're passing them really quickly at the moment for MODL - we didn't pay priority and still only took two weeks! MInd you they've stopped the priority thing now I think
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Clippies
Are you MODL? They're passing them really quickly at the moment for MODL - we didn't pay priority and still only took two weeks! MInd you they've stopped the priority thing now I think
yes hubby's an electrician and we will be paying for priority processing
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

after all that hard work you have put in i hope you will have an a much smoother time of it.
Mandy
Old Jun 27th 2006, 8:36 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Jackie
ours was under a month door to door -modl
Old Jun 27th 2006, 8:44 pm

yes hubby's an electrician and we will be paying for priority processing
Don't waste your money paying for priority - we didn't and they turned it around it two weeks. I'm 99% sure that they've just introduced a flat fee now of $300 for all applications - no more priority processing fees for MODL as they process them faster anyway.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 8:45 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

awh jackie, sooo very chuffed for you. at long bloody last eh?

your thread got me really fired up, and it wasnt even my application.

out TRA (priority) took nearly the whole 3 months, but that was march last year. hope yours is quicker - let us know will you?

good luck honey.
xx
Old Jun 28th 2006, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Hi, got my tra result yesterday and only took a couple of weeks and i didnt pay priority. As said previously dont waste your money just pay the $300

Tracey
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.