Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Finally got our visas!

Finally got our visas!

Old Feb 14th 2005, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Natalie1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finally got our visas!

Yes that's right and now I can't believe it.
My husband and I have just found out this morning and now reality is starting to sink in. There's so much to do with regards to the house, work and...EVERYTHING. You'll probably see us a lot more on this site now because we'll really need some help!

First question

Obviously when we get there we'll be renting, can anyone point us in the right direction for properties on short term lease agreements? (Suburbs- Brisbane)

Natalie Y.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant future
Default Re: Finally got our visas!

[QUOTE=Natalie1]
My husband and I have just found out this morning and now reality is starting to sink in. There's so much to do with regards to the house, work and...EVERYTHING. You'll probably see us a lot more on this site now because we'll really need some help!

Oh congratulations to you and your hubbby!
Best of luck in planning your new life - what an adventure!
Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:23 pm
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Natalie1

First question

Obviously when we get there we'll be renting, can anyone point us in the right direction for properties on short term lease agreements? (Suburbs- Brisbane)

Natalie Y.
Congratulations Natalie and Hubby, it's a great thrill. We found out last week that we had got our visa and we still haven't come down to earth. We're heading to Brisabane so will also be interested in any info on short term leases. Congratulations again, guess you'll be having a or two tonight
Jo
Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by molloymj
Congratulations Natalie!!

Depends how short you want your "term" to be.
HTML Code:
http://www.realestate.com.au
and
HTML Code:
http://www.ljhooker.com.au
are good estate agency websites, but if you are looking for a rental for a matter of weeks, I would search in Google for "Brisbane Serviced Apartments".

All the best!

Thanks
Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by J+J
Congratulations Natalie and Hubby, it's a great thrill. We found out last week that we had got our visa and we still haven't come down to earth. We're heading to Brisabane so will also be interested in any info on short term leases. Congratulations again, guess you'll be having a or two tonight
Jo
Hi Jo

Just one or two!

Congrats to you too.

Natalie Y
Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:29 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Have you looked at the website www.brisbanebound.com ? it does look a little expensive but in the short term could be very useful.
Congratulations and good luck in your new life
Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Dave, Tracy & Emily is on a distinguished road

We curretnly rent our house out in Bardon, 3klm from Brisbane, the agent we use is www.denovans.com.au they have a list of proprieties for rent that you can see on the web
Congrats on the visas
Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dave, Tracy & Emily
We curretnly rent our house out in Bardon, 3klm from Brisbane, the agent we use is www.denovans.com.au they have a list of proprieties for rent that you can see on the web
Congrats on the visas

gonna have a look at the website now. thanks.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 3:59 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Natalie1
gonna have a look at the website now. thanks.
Me and the wife are in a similar situation, maybe a little more avanced than you?

Got our visas back in Oct, just selling our house (should hand the keys over next week - please god!!!). Once we know nothing can go wrong we'll book flights for end of March and stay for a couple of nights in a hotel.

B/c we haven't been to Brisbane before, we are going to tour some key suburbs that a close friend (from Brisbane) has given to us. It's a useful starting point, but no one can tell what they'll like until they see it for themselves. One person's 'nice' suburb is another's 'worst' suburb.

We're going with quite a cavalier attitude. In fact I'm amazed at how little we've actually done towards the move. Don't get me wrong, we've done our research but aren't stressing about finding places to rent straight away. Although I don't want our money to dwindle away at a Hotel!

Good luck - any ideas on when you'll be going out?

Rob
Old Feb 14th 2005, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations natalie,your on your way, we re also going to brisbane,maybe we ll see you there,have some nice celebrations tonight

tracey.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Great news. Best valentines present.