Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Finally converted UK Driving Lic to WA one...

Finally converted UK Driving Lic to WA one...

Old Jan 28th 2005, 12:27 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finally converted UK Driving Lic to WA one...

We finally got round to getting our WA Driving licenses last week, We've been PR for a lot longer than 3months so were a bit worried about getting a slap for not doing it sooner, but it wasnt even mentioned.
As most people are probably as of Jan 1st there is no longer a requirement to sit the theory test, so it was fairly straight forward, a few forms, a quick eye test, hand over your dosh, get a quick picky taken, 20mins done.

We get out side and commented on not being asked about why we hadnt got one sooner, and also that there was no mentioned of any demerit points (you know whats coming already dont you )

Got home yesterday, nice new license 7 bloody points already :scared:
I knew id paid a few fines in the past, but didnt realise Id accumulated that many (yes I know im a naughty boy), id hoped that they would just vanish into space as id put down my UK driving license number on the fines, but they must store them somewhere and then transfer them over when you get your WA one. They were all from back in 2003 so ive got just over a year till the first 3 come off

I wonder if id of accidentally put one digit down wrongly when I paid the fines what would of happened....

Looks like i'll be driving a bit more cautiously for a while then... oooh Im so looking forward to having cars stuck 2inches off my rear bumper...
Old Jan 28th 2005, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Finally converted UK Driving Lic to WA one...

Originally Posted by steve99
We finally got round to getting our WA Driving licenses last week, We've been PR for a lot longer than 3months so were a bit worried about getting a slap for not doing it sooner, but it wasnt even mentioned.
As most people are probably as of Jan 1st there is no longer a requirement to sit the theory test, so it was fairly straight forward, a few forms, a quick eye test, hand over your dosh, get a quick picky taken, 20mins done.

We get out side and commented on not being asked about why we hadnt got one sooner, and also that there was no mentioned of any demerit points (you know whats coming already dont you )

Got home yesterday, nice new license 7 bloody points already :scared:
I knew id paid a few fines in the past, but didnt realise Id accumulated that many (yes I know im a naughty boy), id hoped that they would just vanish into space as id put down my UK driving license number on the fines, but they must store them somewhere and then transfer them over when you get your WA one. They were all from back in 2003 so ive got just over a year till the first 3 come off

I wonder if id of accidentally put one digit down wrongly when I paid the fines what would of happened....

Looks like i'll be driving a bit more cautiously for a while then... oooh Im so looking forward to having cars stuck 2inches off my rear bumper...
It probably works the same as the Uk - If you dont have a licence you create one by default through your demerits using the details on the ticket/Court summons then when you actually apply for a licence they get married up by the system

I used to work for a magistrates Court in the uk and we were forever dealing with driving records and licences lol