Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Finally come back after 14 years

Finally come back after 14 years

Old May 27th 2021, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Thereandback is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finally come back after 14 years

It's been a mental time back in the UK but I am so pleased to be back. I originally lived in Melbourne in the Dandenongs 2003-2007. I have come back to Adelaide and it seems I whole different country. Thinking of you all in Melbourne and hope your lockdown is short lived.
Old May 29th 2021, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Retirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally come back after 14 years

Originally Posted by Thereandback
It's been a mental time back in the UK but I am so pleased to be back. I originally lived in Melbourne in the Dandenongs 2003-2007. I have come back to Adelaide and it seems I whole different country. Thinking of you all in Melbourne and hope your lockdown is short lived.
14 years stuck in Blighty??
Old May 29th 2021, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Retirednow
14 years stuck in Blighty??
Yep. Makes you appreciate Australia more 😂
Old May 29th 2021, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Retirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Makes you appreciate Australia more 😂
A couple of weeks is bad enough, but 14 years……
You should be sainted..
Old May 29th 2021, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

A couple of weeks is bad enough, but 14 years……
You should be sainted..
🤣
Old May 30th 2021, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

🤣
We have Just celebrated over 12 years in England and it's an absolute joy to be back here.
Old May 30th 2021, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

🤣
Well done and enjoy your life with the successful folk.
Old May 30th 2021, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brits1
We have Just celebrated over 12 years in England and it's an absolute joy to be back here.
Really pleased you have found your home xx
Old May 30th 2021, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Well done and enjoy your life with the successful folk.
Just need to convince my girls to return. Hopefully as soon as they visit they will remember their great childhood here and make the move back 🤞
Old May 30th 2021, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Just need to convince my girls to return. Hopefully as soon as they visit they will remember their great childhood here and make the move back 🤞
The smart ones do. Can’t imagine having to exist in Blighty…
Old May 30th 2021, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

The smart ones do. Can’t imagine having to exist in Blighty…
The cost is putting them of as the will need partner visas for their partners. Maybe one day. Living in the UK in rental doesn't leave much spare cash even though they are both working full time.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

But at a certain age every likelihood they'll find more to do in England. (depending on age) Childhood may well feature little in decision making.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

The cost is putting them of as the will need partner visas for their partners. Maybe one day. Living in the UK in rental doesn't leave much spare cash even though they are both working full time.
And do young have much spare cash in Australia? Especially if living in one of the cities.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by the troubadour
And do young have much spare cash in Australia? Especially if living in one of the cities.
I guess it depends on what you want out of life but cost comparisons seems better in Adelaide than the South of England. There is also much more to do that is free if the pennies are tight.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by the troubadour
But at a certain age every likelihood they'll find more to do in England. (depending on age) Childhood may well feature little in decision making.
Seems like you need lots of money to do anything in the UK. Europe is amazing to have on the doorstep 😁

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.