Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Finally after two years.. half way there

Finally after two years.. half way there

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Finally after two years.. half way there

Hi,
I haven't posted much on here despite being an avid follower over the past 6 months. the main reason is that we have been waiting two years to try and get research positions in Perth and after many periods of optimism followed by having our hopes dashed i did't really feel as if we would ever end up going. Well we finally both got contracts on Friday so now everything is suddenly very real. Hopefully the sorting of visas shouldn't be to problamatical as we can be sponsored on a 1211 visa so the jobs will not have to be assessed (thanks a million to Liver-bird for pointing that out.. saves us a lot of grief). Hopefully we should be able to sort things out in the next few months and go sometime just before Easter. So in the next few months we will have got Married, changed jobs, and moved countries.. can see a few more grey hairs on the horizon...

I would just like to finish with a comment about the Expats site. Despite reading reams of books and accessing loads of official websites, this has been the best source of info i have come across and apart from the few odd and inane posts (the Indian bloke a week or so ago being a good example) i have really enjoyed making a regular stop here. Hopefully once we get to Perth i will be able to contribute a bit of helpful info for future migrants to Aus.. I have benifited from the wingers, optimists, rose tinted glasses brigade, ol' timers and many others.. makes for a very balenced view.. whoever set up and runs this site is a star

Cheers, just need to get off cloud 9 and do a bit of work now

Cheers
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally after two years.. half way there

Originally Posted by chrispy
Hi,
I haven't posted much on here despite being an avid follower over the past 6 months. the main reason is that we have been waiting two years to try and get research positions in Perth and after many periods of optimism followed by having our hopes dashed i did't really feel as if we would ever end up going. Well we finally both got contracts on Friday so now everything is suddenly very real. Hopefully the sorting of visas shouldn't be to problamatical as we can be sponsored on a 1211 visa so the jobs will not have to be assessed (thanks a million to Liver-bird for pointing that out.. saves us a lot of grief). Hopefully we should be able to sort things out in the next few months and go sometime just before Easter. So in the next few months we will have got Married, changed jobs, and moved countries.. can see a few more grey hairs on the horizon...

I would just like to finish with a comment about the Expats site. Despite reading reams of books and accessing loads of official websites, this has been the best source of info i have come across and apart from the few odd and inane posts (the Indian bloke a week or so ago being a good example) i have really enjoyed making a regular stop here. Hopefully once we get to Perth i will be able to contribute a bit of helpful info for future migrants to Aus.. I have benifited from the wingers, optimists, rose tinted glasses brigade, ol' timers and many others.. makes for a very balenced view.. whoever set up and runs this site is a star

Cheers, just need to get off cloud 9 and do a bit of work now

Cheers
Congratulations on the positions. May I ask what you are going to be researching?
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Exile
Congratulations on the positions. May I ask what you are going to be researching?
Thanks... medical science in Perth
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrispy
Thanks... medical science in Perth
Perth seems to punch above its weight in that area. Great beaches too! Good luck.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:37 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations & Best of luck to you both