Finally...

Old Apr 1st 2004, 2:05 pm
WBB

Default Finally...

we are heading to aussie in 5 days time and cant help thinking we have forgotten something or overlooked something we need to do once there.

we are going to look at houses and land in and around brisbane, i am going to do my driving theory test and open bank accounts etc, schools and cars are on the agenda as are beaches and BBQ's

any last minute tips from you lot?

Old Apr 1st 2004, 2:11 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: Finally...

Originally posted by WBB
we are heading to aussie in 5 days time and cant help thinking we have forgotten something or overlooked something we need to do once there.

we are going to look at houses and land in and around brisbane, i am going to do my driving theory test and open bank accounts etc, schools and cars are on the agenda as are beaches and BBQ's

enjoy it?

Good luck to ya mate!
Old Apr 1st 2004, 2:12 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB

Bring back some Bundy Rum for me.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 2:21 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by WBB

Just to enjoy!! But I'm sure you're already up for that. How about a few piccies while you're there to post on here when you get back???

Old Apr 1st 2004, 2:30 pm
WBB

Originally posted by loose
Just to enjoy!! But I'm sure you're already up for that. How about a few piccies while you're there to post on here when you get back???

talking of piccies, i have just got back from a day's shopping, we bought an extra memory card for the digi camera so we can take 500 odd pics.

i will be posting pics to rival simone when i get back!

Old Apr 1st 2004, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by WBB

Bit of a long list as it is WBB. You must be far more organised than us, we spent far too much time on the beach and thought sod it we'll do the rest when we come over in September

My tip is take half as many clothes as you think you will wear. Find a cool surf shop when you get there, buy 2 t-shirts, shorts and some thongs (to wear on your feet, not between your cheeks ) to blend in with the locals. You won't wear any of your UK clothes.

Oh, and find the nearest beer shop - job no. 1 !!!!

What's news on the pox ??
Old Apr 1st 2004, 3:43 pm
WBB

Originally posted by sjn2003
Bit of a long list as it is WBB. You must be far more organised than us, we spent far too much time on the beach and thought sod it we'll do the rest when we come over in September

My tip is take half as many clothes as you think you will wear. Find a cool surf shop when you get there, buy 2 t-shirts, shorts and some thongs (to wear on your feet, not between your cheeks ) to blend in with the locals. You won't wear any of your UK clothes.

What's news on the pox ??
all sounds like good advice.

i am only taking half a suitcase of stuff, but the missus and kids have filled 3 :scared: :scared: :scared:

the pox is looking like it is on it's last legs, all the spots have dried up and gone scabby, poor bugger looks like she has been out paint balling or something, we have a doctors appointment for monday to get a paper to say she in no longer contagious and fit to fly.

BTW i forgot to add beer to my list, but it is never far from my thoughts.

Old Apr 1st 2004, 3:55 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by sjn2003

Inspired advice!!!!

Looking forward to the pictures - its been a while since I was there, and the photos posted on here jog my memory!! More pics the better wbb. (try avoid any of you in your speedos though
)
Old Apr 1st 2004, 4:53 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
talking of piccies, i have just got back from a day's shopping, we bought an extra memory card for the digi camera so we can take 500 odd pics.

i will be posting pics to rival simone when i get back!

Yes, do that!!

And when I get to Perth in July I'll beat you again!
Those other photo's aren't even digital ones, all scanned. And there aren't even that many!

But, now, we have a digital camera, and if we put it on lower quality we can take about 700 pics But with good quality about 300!

Can't think of any tips, maybe later....

Oh, if you didn't know: in Brisbane city centre you can go up in the town hall with an elavator. Nice view. I think it was free in 2000.

Here's a pic of the place I challenge you to make better ones (hope you have as nice weather though!!)
Attached Thumbnails Finally...-2000_43c_brisbane.jpg  
Old Apr 1st 2004, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

CUEBALL is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah..... take us with you (hahhah)
As long as you have got money i suppose thats the main.
Have a good time all the best.
xxxx
Old Apr 1st 2004, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

One tip from me, get on that plane and never look back!
best wishes
Rach, Mark and Chanelle x
Old Apr 1st 2004, 6:24 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Be happy, Good luck billy. Have a good flight
Old Apr 1st 2004, 6:30 pm
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy that dream house, sit around the pool on a warm sunset evening, sink a few beers and remember all of us on the board still struggling to get out there too !

Hope it all works out ok for you
Old Apr 1st 2004, 7:16 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by EssexNobby
Buy that dream house, sit around the pool on a warm sunset evening, sink a few beers and remember all of us on the board still struggling to get out there too !

Hope it all works out ok for you

<Whispers> he's 'only' validating

(some people seem to think he's moving already )

Not that validating isn't great as well!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 1st 2004, 7:27 pm
WBB

cheers simone, yes it is true we are only validating this time (month long holiday ) we move for good around this time next year.

even more reason to have a few

BTW simone, i accept your pic challenge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.