Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Final push for areas in GC and short term lets please

Final push for areas in GC and short term lets please

Old May 3rd 2005, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Final push for areas in GC and short term lets please

Hi all

We`re looking at around August time for the big move we`ve been looking at a few areas...Robina, Varsity lakes, Labrador, Ashmore & Coomera... feel free to confuse me some more if you have somewhere else thats nice to recommended
Also can anyone recommend some short term lets, have been looking at a few and once the house sale goes through will start to book things up..... thought do a short term let, have a good look around then when we`ve found an area we like try to find a 6 month rent...want to get it right so we can get the kids settled into school and not have to move them anymore.

Any info would be great and if you`ve got young kids what did you do??

Cheers Sue
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Final push for areas in GC and short term lets please

Originally Posted by Sue2
Hi all

We`re looking at around August time for the big move we`ve been looking at a few areas...Robina, Varsity lakes, Labrador, Ashmore & Coomera... feel free to confuse me some more if you have somewhere else thats nice to recommended
Also can anyone recommend some short term lets, have been looking at a few and once the house sale goes through will start to book things up..... thought do a short term let, have a good look around then when we`ve found an area we like try to find a 6 month rent...want to get it right so we can get the kids settled into school and not have to move them anymore.

Any info would be great and if you`ve got young kids what did you do??

Cheers Sue
Hi Sue
Kicked Darren off the computer for 5 mins!! (hence spelling is better!)
Did you check out the place I mentioned? What did you think or have you seen any better offers?
Karen x
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

evening ladies,first time ive been online all week and i find you to here,lol a question im interested in to,hows things with you 2 then??

tracey
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

Hi Sue,

We're off to the GC in june staying at scalinada apartments short term (3 weeks) recommended by someone off this site, its at main beach.

http://www.seqrents.com.au/scalinada/index.htm

A few area's we liked where, arundle hills, runawaybay, sorrento & isle of capri......hopefully will rent in one of these area's for 6 months, and then buy after xmas.

Lesley (jjl family)

Last edited by JJL family; May 3rd 2005 at 8:57 pm.
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

I e.mailed Barbara from Scalinada she has no availability for the time we want to go such a shame as it looked very nice, she said something about holiday homes so will take a look at them, although the prices are high as part of the time we want is running into Sept school hols.

Cheers ....how are you all?

Sue
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JJL family
Hi Sue,

We're off to the GC in june staying at scalinada apartments short term (3 weeks) recommended by someone off this site, its at main beach.

http://www.seqrents.com.au/scalinada/index.htm

A few area's we liked where, arundle hills, runawaybay, sorrento & isle of capri......hopefully will rent in one of these area's for 6 months, and then buy after xmas.

Lesley (jjl family)

Cheers Lesley will have a look at those also, I suppose we wont really know until we get out there...but its good to have a look I just want it to run smooth for the kids really.

Sue x
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scissors
evening ladies,first time ive been online all week and i find you to here,lol a question im interested in to,hows things with you 2 then??

tracey

Hiya T

All is well should be exchanging very soon!! looks like you`ve not got long!

Cheers Karen...Awww poor Darren how the house selling going?

Sue x Hope your all well
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya T

All is well should be exchanging very soon!! looks like you`ve not got long!

Cheers Karen...Awww poor Darren how the house selling going?

Sue x Hope your all well
hi sue,good to hear you ll be exchanging soon,it looks like it could be around the same time as us,
have you looked at many places to rent out there yet?
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scissors
hi sue,good to hear you ll be exchanging soon,it looks like it could be around the same time as us,
have you looked at many places to rent out there yet?

Not many, found some.... thought I`d better have a look and get it booked up soon. Just wondered if anyone could recommend a few too Varsity Lakes only does min 3 months Spoke to Debsy she has somewhere so will take a look.

I read that it maybe as soon a 7 wks for you guys!!! you`ll have to get something with a double garage and we can stay in that

Suex
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Sue2]Not many, found some.... thought I`d better have a look and get it booked up soon. Just wondered if anyone could recommend a few too Varsity Lakes only does min 3 months Spoke to Debsy she has somewhere so will take a look.

Hi Sue,

Just wondering, have you been to oz........don't want to get anyone's back up, but i did'nt like varsity lakes.......it might be alright for a week or 2 but thats about it.

We also contacted debsy...........and the place she's managing looked great,
but when we're going its about £300 a week, good price if your going on your hol's..........but quite expensive if your living there.

Lesley
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not many, found some.... thought I`d better have a look and get it booked up soon. Just wondered if anyone could recommend a few too Varsity Lakes only does min 3 months Spoke to Debsy she has somewhere so will take a look.

I read that it maybe as soon a 7 wks for you guys!!! you`ll have to get something with a double garage and we can stay in that

Suex
sue,i ll make sure we ve got a double garage could be worse lol,gotta get my finger out and start looking myself,but we ve been so busy here,lol.

tracey
Old May 4th 2005, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

[sue
I will be able to do you a short term perm at the end of august if you want.
Old May 4th 2005, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by debsy
[sue
I will be able to do you a short term perm at the end of august if you want.

That will be great, we are looking at around the 20th Aug for approx 4 wks will pm you and have a chat.

Cheers Sue
Old May 4th 2005, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=JJL family]

Hi Sue,

Just wondering, have you been to oz........don't want to get anyone's back up, but i did'nt like varsity lakes.......it might be alright for a week or 2 but thats about it.

We also contacted debsy...........and the place she's managing looked great,
but when we're going its about £300 a week, good price if your going on your hol's..........but quite expensive if your living there.

Lesley
Hi Lesley

Yeah we have been over 8 years ago but was`nt looking around at areas.... thanks for that any other area? where are you heading?

Cheers Sue