Films on plane?

Old Aug 6th 2006, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Films on plane?

Hi,

Have been looking on singapore airlines site at entertainment onboard, but there only appears to be about 6 films in English I thought there were loads to choose from
Old Aug 6th 2006, 11:00 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Films on plane?

Originally Posted by curly
Hi,

Have been looking on singapore airlines site at entertainment onboard, but there only appears to be about 6 films in English I thought there were loads to choose from
When we flew with Japan Airlines a couple of years ago there was about the same amount, but by the time we'd eaten, had a snooze and played games on the consoles, that was about the right amount.

Julie. x
Old Aug 6th 2006, 11:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
When we flew with Japan Airlines a couple of years ago there was about the same amount, but by the time we'd eaten, had a snooze and played games on the consoles, that was about the right amount.

Julie. x
Did you find it easy to sleep? I've only flown as far as Florida before and couldn't sleep a wink! OH and kids did though typical!

N
Old Aug 6th 2006, 11:22 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Did you find it easy to sleep? I've only flown as far as Florida before and couldn't sleep a wink! OH and kids did though typical!

N
No I couldn't sleep. Tried, but failed
Took me about 5 days to get over the jet lag too

Julie. x
Old Aug 6th 2006, 11:23 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

When I booked with them the bloke said there were 80 films to choose from in august.

Hope its not just 6

xRachx
Old Aug 6th 2006, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch
When I booked with them the bloke said there were 80 films to choose from in august.

Hope its not just 6

xRachx
Go on the website and when you look at entertainment, there just seems loads of foreign stuff!!!!! I know what you mean about 80 films, that is also what I was told when booking the flights

Niki
Old Aug 6th 2006, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No I couldn't sleep. Tried, but failed
Took me about 5 days to get over the jet lag too

Julie. x
OMG 5 days :scared: how does it make you feel??? dog-tired or what???

Niki
Old Aug 6th 2006, 11:38 pm
Chocoholic

OMG 5 days :scared: how does it make you feel??? dog-tired or what???

Niki
We left here on the Tuesday early evening, 12 hour flight to Osaka, Japan. Had a 9 hour stopover in transit and then a 9 hour flight to Brisbane arriving on the Thursday morning. I slept for a while in the afternoon and was in bed by 8pm. Same happened the next 4 nights too.
Maybe I'm just getting old
Old Aug 6th 2006, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We left here on the Tuesday early evening, 12 hour flight to Osaka, Japan. Had a 9 hour stopover in transit and then a 9 hour flight to Brisbane arriving on the Thursday morning. I slept for a while in the afternoon and was in bed by 8pm. Same happened the next 4 nights too.
Maybe I'm just getting old
I must admit I'm not looking forward to the flight at all We fly a week on wed just for a reccie, when are you hoping to fly for good?

Niki
Old Aug 7th 2006, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

we flew to UK and back with SA last month and there were way more than 6 english films.... maybe what's showing up is the 6 major block buster films. there are other older films on there and quite a few (mostly american) tv shows as well
Old Aug 7th 2006, 4:53 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoSemite
we flew to UK and back with SA last month and there were way more than 6 english films.... maybe what's showing up is the 6 major block buster films. there are other older films on there and quite a few (mostly american) tv shows as well
Same here. Lost to choose from, much more than 6.

Remember too, there will be two legs to your flight and different films/entertainment on both.

We flew 2 months ago, and the flight from Singapore was half full, its off season in Oz, so less people coming. Be quick and grab an empty seat before you take off. You can at least strech out a bit.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

CarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant future

Hi,

Singapore have recently changed their website. Looking at it again, I see what you mean. The website is now highlighting just the recent releases and doing better at giving other languages equal billing with English.

However, when you are on the plane you will find that there are pages and pages and pages of films (80 altogether - there used to be 60), and while there are a fair number that are not in English (though have subtitles), very, very many are, spanning a huge range of titles, including some old classics. This longer list of movies doesn't seem to change quite as often as the monthly new releases do, but be confident that there will be plenty to watch, as well as all the games (ones like yahtzee and chess as well as computer ones) and TV shows.

You just need a seat with a working console. They do sometimes go wrong, and if they do there may not be much the FA can do, so worth taking a good book too!
Old Aug 7th 2006, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

CarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen

Remember too, there will be two legs to your flight and different films/entertainment on both.
I haven't found that to be the case with Singapore Airlines. I think I've always had the same selection both into and out of Singapore, but at least it's a wide selection.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 8:50 am
Chocoholic

I must admit I'm not looking forward to the flight at all We fly a week on wed just for a reccie, when are you hoping to fly for good?

Niki
Morning!

We are hoping to fly on the 31st August but we are STILL waiting for our visa. It's 4 months overdue
Have provisionally booked flights with Singapore but don't want to confirm them just in case...

Julie. x