Filling a pool?

Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:08 am
LFC
Forum Regular

LFC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Filling a pool?

A quick question!

Just in the process of fixing a leak in my concrete swimming pool and don't fancy waiting ages whilst it fills by tap (by my calculations it'll take about 4 days to fill at 44,000 Litres).

Anyone know of a better way to fill it, maybe a local company that does tanker supplies? I've had a look on Yellow pages but can't seem to find anyone!

Ooh! by the way I'm in Perth, SOR down Port Kennedy Way.

Thanks

LFC
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filling a pool?

Look under Water Cartage. Just had a quick look and found 47 entries.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:43 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

....its gonna cost you a LOT more than tap water though.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LFC
A quick question!

Just in the process of fixing a leak in my concrete swimming pool and don't fancy waiting ages whilst it fills by tap (by my calculations it'll take about 4 days to fill at 44,000 Litres).

Anyone know of a better way to fill it, maybe a local company that does tanker supplies? I've had a look on Yellow pages but can't seem to find anyone!

Thanks

LFC
Hi LFC, I'm in Port Kennedy, we have just had a pool completed and when the pool company was filling the pool they had a pump which spewed water into the pool much quicker than the garden hose it only took a couple of hours to half fill the pool (9m x 4.5m) might be worth phoning round the local pool companies and asking if you could hire one.
S x
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:12 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LFC
A quick question!

Thanks

LFC
Phone your local council and ask if you can buy from them..we filled purs from the fire hydrant
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:13 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LFC
A quick question!

Thanks

LFC
It won't take 4 days mate.

We've just filled ours - 50,000 litres, and it took 2 1/2. That was with one hoze, and turned down to half power overnight.

If I was to do it again, I'd get an extention to the hoze (oooh er misses) I've got at the front of the house and use 2.

Or.........

My landscaper was telling me that a trick of the trade many people use is to connect the supply up to your reticulation. Apparently the power from that is much higher than you'd get from an outside tap.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 2:24 am
LFC
Forum Regular

LFC is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the replies!

Nice to hear from someone who has filled a similar sized pool by hose with a better idea of how long its going to take.

I think I'll go with two hose idea should only take a day or so then!

Thanks again!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 2:35 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LFC
Thanks for all the replies!

Nice to hear from someone who has filled a similar sized pool by hose with a better idea of how long its going to take.

I think I'll go with two hose idea should only take a day or so then!

Thanks again!
...assuming you don't currently have any draconian water restrictions over there......if you were in SEQ you'd probably have a 'please explain' letter coming your way regarding your water usage. In Brisbane and surrounds it's mandatory to get your water trucked in for the initial filling....although I dont think it applies to repairs as in your case.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:49 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I did the same with two hoses and it took about 1 1/2 days.
Depends on your water pressure though.

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
It won't take 4 days mate.

We've just filled ours - 50,000 litres, and it took 2 1/2. That was with one hoze, and turned down to half power overnight.

If I was to do it again, I'd get an extention to the hoze (oooh er misses) I've got at the front of the house and use 2.

Or.........

My landscaper was telling me that a trick of the trade many people use is to connect the supply up to your reticulation. Apparently the power from that is much higher than you'd get from an outside tap.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 4:38 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by themerlin
I did the same with two hoses and it took about 1 1/2 days.
Depends on your water pressure though.
When the water bill arrives, it's the blood pressure I'm worrying about
Old Nov 15th 2007, 4:47 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
When the water bill arrives, it's the blood pressure I'm worrying about
I don't know how much your water is - but in Brisbane (where Level 6 water restrictions come in next week!) its $1.19 a kilolitre - so your 50000 litres would set ya back about $60 - waaaay too cheap in my opinion!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 5:28 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LFC
A quick question!

Thanks

LFC

Use the neighbours hoses aswell, helps to fill it up quicker and cost less.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 6:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Use the neighbours hoses aswell, helps to fill it up quicker and cost less.
Do you ask first, or just creep round in the middle of the night with the hose pipe
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:05 am
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Turn your water meter the other way round......then you can fill the pool... and the council will owe you money......

all the best plumb.....
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:37 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

The Waterman, usually charges around $70 for 15,000 litres ish.

We have to get water in from NSW !

I dont agree, that water should be topped up from mains tap water ( town water )

Over the summer, you will need to keep topping it up, so why not go GREEN and buy a water tank. Just for the pool.