British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   File/Case number query (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/file-case-number-query-197123/)

Muzzman Dec 16th 2003 10:41 am

File/Case number query

Hi all,

Our application been in Adelaide about 3 weeks. No confirmation received yet, no file/case number. Medicals booked for tomorrow and it appears the doctor needs to send completed forms direct to Adelaide.

Are we going to need our file/case number - there is a space on the med forms - if our applic already in Adelaide? If so how do we get it? Why haven't we got a confirmation yet?

Any one been in the same situation or any advice ideas.

Muzzman

Alan Collett Dec 16th 2003 10:52 am

Re: File/Case number query

We have noticed a definite slowing in the issue of visa file references from the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre in the last month or so ...

I have just sent an email to the ASPC to enquire as to what is going on, and will report back.

Best regards.

Originally posted by Muzzman
Hi all,

Our application been in Adelaide about 3 weeks. No confirmation received yet, no file/case number. Medicals booked for tomorrow and it appears the doctor needs to send completed forms direct to Adelaide.

Are we going to need our file/case number - there is a space on the med forms - if our applic already in Adelaide? If so how do we get it? Why haven't we got a confirmation yet?

Muzzman

surfdude Dec 16th 2003 12:00 pm

Hi all,

Muzzman
I would strongly recommend that you do not front load your medicals - your entry date will be determined by your medical date (or police clearance, which ever is sooner) and if it takes 10months (depends what visa category) to process, you will only have two months to enter. I assume you are on the priority list ?

Muzzman Dec 16th 2003 6:50 pm

Originally posted by surfdude
I would strongly recommend that you do not front load your medicals - your entry date will be determined by your medical date (or police clearance, which ever is sooner) and if it takes 10months (depends what visa category) to process, you will only have two months to enter. I assume you are on the priority list ?
Thanks for the response. The application is for Skilled Independent and the primary applicant is a Nurse. From looking around at various sites, nurses appear to be taking about 3 months to process - as we understand it they are currently the only occupation on the ministers priority list. We would have sent off everything together but medicals got held up due to availability.

Muzzman

Muzzman Dec 16th 2003 10:23 pm

Originally posted by Alan Collett
We have noticed a definite slowing in the issue of visa file references from the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre in the last month or so ...

I have just sent an email to the ASPC to enquire as to what is going on, and will report back.

Best regards.
Thanks for the respose Alan. I've just found out they sent a confirmation etc on the 12th Dec - they received our forms on the 25th Nov and charged the CC on the 1st. They have e-mailed me the file reference number in advance of receiving the letter.

Muzzman:D

surfdude Dec 17th 2003 2:49 pm

Thanks for the response. The application is for Skilled Independent and the primary applicant is a Nurse. From looking around at various sites, nurses appear to be taking about 3 months to process - as we understand it they are currently the only occupation on the ministers priority list. We would have sent off everything together but medicals got held up due to availability.

Muzzman
Ah well if it a Nurse......(you are lucky, in demand). Good luck in the process. We have received our 'yellow envelope' today - visa 139 which is also processed in four months. We have however, taken six months. We front loaded our Police checks, and as a result we only have until 3 May 04 to arrive !

As soon as we have sold the house - Brisbane here we come.

Wishing you every success.

Muzzman Dec 17th 2003 7:33 pm

Originally posted by surfdude
Ah well if it a Nurse......(you are lucky, in demand). Good luck in the process. We have received our 'yellow envelope' today - visa 139 which is also processed in four months. We have however, taken six months. We front loaded our Police checks, and as a result we only have until 3 May 04 to arrive !

As soon as we have sold the house - Brisbane here we come.

Wishing you every success.
Congrats Surfdude - hope all goes well and you get their in time! You never know - may see you in Bris at next years meet.

Muzzman