Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

fiji or new zealand,flights etc

fiji or new zealand,flights etc

Old Jan 4th 2007, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default fiji or new zealand,flights etc

I am thinking of going to new zealand for a week or fiji while i am over here in oz for 3 months and wanted to know which one is closer and best priced for flights are they much the same or would fiji be much more,i am not too bothered which one i would go to both i think would be nice,but has anyone been to both and what do they recommend,also whats the best sites to use while in oz now to search for cheap flights to both these places,as i have no clue and any sales that maybe on now to these places from oz would be great also as im sure could be booked for a later date.
I am thinking around feb07 i be going to one of these places and unsure what one yet or what best priced flights i can get.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fiji or new zealand,flights etc

try http://www.flypacificblue.com/
Old Jan 4th 2007, 12:45 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

i have been to both. new zealand would be nearer, as fiji is in the pacific and further away. fiji is lovely, but we found it very expensive.

so, new zealand would be cheaper to get to and cheaper there than fiji. if money is not an issue, fiji is gorgeous (but nz is as well)
Old Jan 4th 2007, 12:56 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

New Zealand is nearer - could it be more accessable to you for holidays etc once you are living in Australia? You might want to visit Fiji now, while you have UK pounds to spend...just a thought. From personal experience I found Fiji beautiful. If you like visiting small villages and enjoy the beach, Fiji is for you. New Zealand is great for big mountains, lots of trecking and mental scenary, I loved it there too. Denpends what you want out of your trip really.
Attached Thumbnails fiji or new zealand,flights etc-fiji.jpg   fiji or new zealand,flights etc-nz.jpg  
Old Jan 4th 2007, 12:59 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Picture on left is Fiji, right is NZ.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 2:55 am
Just Joined

matt_s is an unknown quantity at this point

Checking through the airline ticket prices for both, I found that New Zealand was abit more expensive than Fiji. You can always go to bestflights.com.au to check for prices at certain dates that you want to travel at.

Like what others have said, go to which ever place you think you would enjoy more
Old Jan 21st 2007, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

right back on the fiji thing again,i was looking at the options i have as i have a timeshare and am a member of rci i think i can swap for my florida one,one for fiji and i am now looking to see what costs the flights would be,have no idea the best site and cheapest site to look for over here in oz as its the cost of the flights that will decide if i go to fiji or not,has anyone else on here been there and to a place i think called papeete,i think thats the place i need to get to and then i think i need to get to moorea by another quick flight or ferry,has anyone been to these places and how they went about it as i have no idea,im sure i ready that if i use certain airlines i will not get to moorea in the sameday,or just say i got off somewhere else on fiji is it a hassle to get to papeete or moorea,anyone help me out here.
But i need to know where to look for best flights before i consider and then work out if its worth going to this place as seems to be a lot of work just getting to the place in mind.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 11:40 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by brian.w
has anyone else on here been there and to a place i think called papeete,i think thats the place i need to get to and then i think i need to get to moorea by another quick flight or ferry,has anyone been to these places and how they went about it as i have no idea,im sure i ready that if i use certain airlines i will not get to moorea in the sameday,or just say i got off somewhere else on fiji is it a hassle to get to papeete or moorea,anyone help me out here.
you'll fly in to Papeete, from there it's relatively easy to get to Moorea
catch a taxi to the port and jump on board a ferry.. there's a bit of info here:
http://www.gomoorea.com/_moorea_faq_s
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

I might change my mind on this one as flight prices seem to be double that of fiji nadi airport,the place i had in mind for the one posted looked so nice as well but what about resorts near nadi etc or islands near it,anyone recommend any i have three resorts in mind and not sure which one would be the better one naigani resort,malolo lailai lagoon resort and also worldmark,if anyone has been to these please let me know what they thought of them or recommend and also from nadi what they did to get to the resorts,i need to know asap if possible as need to pick one and book flights soon and unsure which one to go for of the above.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:04 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

right back on the fiji thing again,i was looking at the options i have as i have a timeshare and am a member of rci i think i can swap for my florida one,one for fiji and i am now looking to see what costs the flights would be,have no idea the best site and cheapest site to look for over here in oz as its the cost of the flights that will decide if i go to fiji or not,has anyone else on here been there and to a place i think called papeete,i think thats the place i need to get to and then i think i need to get to moorea by another quick flight or ferry,has anyone been to these places and how they went about it as i have no idea,im sure i ready that if i use certain airlines i will not get to moorea in the sameday,or just say i got off somewhere else on fiji is it a hassle to get to papeete or moorea,anyone help me out here.
But i need to know where to look for best flights before i consider and then work out if its worth going to this place as seems to be a lot of work just getting to the place in mind.
I have a timeshare in Florida too and have banked weeks owing. Just booked to go to Fiji on the 24th February 07 with my girlfriends - we are going to World Mark Resort on Denarau (sp) Island, which is near the Sheraton etc. They also had availability for Malola (sp) Island which is next door to Muscket Cove where we went in August last. We loved it but I have decided not to go there as we want a cheap week without paying for plane transfers.

I think they have availability at the moment because of the problems in Fiji - we are paying $542 including taxes for our flights with Virgin.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

well i went for the world mark like yourself,swapped my florida timeshare for it and called rci and it had a week available when i wanted it well within a few days i wanted it all done asap as time was important on when i went and also as an airline had a sale on and i got two return tickets from brisbane to nadi for $742 which includes taxes not bad i think as most others was aksing double,i will miss one day of my timeshare as the date lands on a saturday and the airline did not have that date or did not fly on that date so i fly there on a sunday and back on a sunday,so to make up for it pay for an extra room elsewhere for the last night as that even comes in way less with my cheap flights that i would be paying the full double price that i got quotes elsewhere from other airlines.
So if anyone has been there before whats the best and cheapest way to get to worldmark from nadi airport and what should i be paying to get to resort i dont get there until a sunday i hope there are still services to get a ride in on sundays.
anymore info on this resort would be cool,also what other places are near by resorts and hotels as i might need to book a place for one night and need to be near by.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

anymore info on this resort would be cool,.
Checkout tripadvisor (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Viti_Levu.html)for independent reviews.

It seems to have some good ones.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:30 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

anymore info on this resort would be cool,also what other places are near by resorts and hotels as i might need to book a place for one night and need to be near by.

Airport is near the resort and so a local taxi shouldn't cost a lot. I understand the resort is next door to the Sheraton and other of the larger hotels - you can get into Nadi for about 65c onthe local bus but not sure what is there - you can also take day trips to the islands but not sure on cost.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

whats the distance from Sofitel Fiji Resort and Spa to worldmark resort in fiji been looking for maps and approx distance but cant find any thing also a good map would be good to see whats around us,i am looking to book at Sofitel Fiji Resort and Spa and its in the same island but unsure how far away from worldmark as need to stay in another place for one night,hard to explain but need to are the near by if not how far.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:37 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

I am thinking of going to new zealand for a week or fiji while i am over here in oz for 3 months and wanted to know which one is closer and best priced for flights are they much the same or would fiji be much more,i am not too bothered which one i would go to both i think would be nice,but has anyone been to both and what do they recommend,also whats the best sites to use while in oz now to search for cheap flights to both these places,as i have no clue and any sales that maybe on now to these places from oz would be great also as im sure could be booked for a later date.
I am thinking around feb07 i be going to one of these places and unsure what one yet or what best priced flights i can get.
We have just booked flights with FREEDOM AIR, the budget arm of Air NZ. They were cheaper than Pacific Blue and the times were better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.