Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fighting a speeding ticket?

Fighting a speeding ticket?

Old May 28th 2004, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fighting a speeding ticket?

Anyone had a go at this in OZ? I've payed the last two but that was before they introduced de-merit points in SA. Not keen on losing my licence if I get another one tbh...

All thoughts and experiences are welcome
Old May 28th 2004, 7:01 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Fighting a speeding ticket?

Originally posted by evorobin
Anyone had a go at this in OZ? I've payed the last two but that was before they introduced de-merit points in SA. Not keen on losing my licence if I get another one tbh...

Someone I know got two speeding tickets in one week, at the same camera !!

She wrote a sob story letter, and was let off one of them

Old May 28th 2004, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by evorobin

Yes, you could drive at or below the speed limit!

there has been a lot of bad press about speed cameras recently. A motorist in Vic was caught doing 170kmh in her 20 year old Datsun Sunny - she contested it on the grounds that her car wouldn't even go that fast - an independant test showed the max speed of her car was 120kph. Turned out to be a faulty camera

A second incident was when a truck was caught doing 150kph uphill inthe Burnley tunnel - this was also a faulty camera.

As a result, some cameras were taken out of operation and speeding motorists have been protesting their innocence, claiming faulty cameras are to blame (which is obviosuly true in many cases)
Old May 28th 2004, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly contestable in Victoria (as HP said lots of bad publicity and quite a few obvious errors)

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au

http://www.justice.vic.gov.au/speedcameras

OzTennis ('nabbed' doing 96 km/h in a 90 hm/h on the Western Highway last year, less than a km after driving for almost an hour in 100 and 110 k's limits! After paying the fine and losing the couple of points I found out months later I probably would have got off if I had protested, mentioning 'visitor' from Scotland etc but can't go back once you pay it!)
Old May 28th 2004, 9:19 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Someone I know got two speeding tickets in one week, at the same camera !!

She wrote a sob story letter, and was let off one of them

Not Mrs Dagboy, was it???
Old May 28th 2004, 10:07 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by arnie2oz
No it wasn't her

I shouldn't have mentioned this should I
pretend i never said anything !
And don't ever mention it if you visit us ! I'd have to live with the consequences !

Old May 28th 2004, 10:07 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by arnie2oz
No it wasn't her

I shouldn't have mentioned this should I
pretend i never said anything !
And don't ever mention it if you visit us ! I'd have to live with the consequences !

Old May 28th 2004, 11:06 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

I've even forgotten what is was we were talking about!!

Look forward to meeting Mrs ABCD sometime:scared: