Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fighting for her life Downunder.

Wikiposts

Fighting for her life Downunder.

Old Jun 17th 2004, 3:11 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fighting for her life Downunder.

Originally posted by anya4oz

And as soon as Stephanie is able, why not let her take a look at all these good wishes - bet it would do her good to know so many people are out there batting for her.

Good idea - it's what I did for my mum and it really cheered her up. I showed her all the posts and the advice and virtual flowers.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 3:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DavidT
Dear all, Thanks for your offers of help & kind words, I will be ever gratefull. I will be in touch with those guys i have met in Brisbane, especially those who are 'Blessed with Children' (little buggers today) maybe for another barbie, footy, soccer, beach thingy or meet in a park somewhere, handsome commission to those that can tire them out.

The girls are little angels really, they only pick on me when i am tired. hope to chat again soon.

Love to you all

David

xxx

David

Can't really add anything other than agreeing with everything everyone has said above. I really hope Stephanie responds well to treatment and the children continue to be little buggers because it would be unnatural and worrying if they weren't. It will also give you a brief moment of normality in a seriously abnormal period of time.

Lots of love to you all

Penny, Kevan, Heather and Abs.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 3:19 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

ditto to what ^ they all said.

Especially the bit about any help you need from those of us who are here.

Good luck to you all,

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Nov 25th 2005, 11:59 am
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Hi All,

Wanted to update you on all that's happened, all pretty good news so far, here goes. All has gone as well as it could of with the Chemo & Stem cell transplant, she has taken part in a number of clinical trials with new drugs etc & had the best care that the staff at the P.A Hospital could ever give.
It is now a year on & Steph is in full remission, again all you aim & hope for, then maybe get enough time for them to find a cure, which I believe will happen.
All in all we are quite enjoying ourselves, it would of been pleasant to really assess how deleareously happy we would of been without all this, because i truly believe you could bury me here when it's my time.
A few months being set up in the right place & the business I bought doing ok have set me another quandry now, we want to be here forever now & have to wait until Oct 07 to establish if we meet the Business criteria, if we do we then have to worry about the health criteria being satisfactory.

I have to thank my wife for having more guts & strength than I could of ever hoped for, it has made dealing with this nightmare a lot easier than I could of imagined. The kids are having a ball, they have mixed well & have more friends than ever. The natives are as friendly as, eh! The future although uncertain certainly keeps you focussed, but ya can't plan fer shit.

She doesn't tell me everything & then again I don't really want to know.
I maybe in denial, I will deal with that another day.
One of our dreams has been fulfilled & then again we made it to Paradise so two, just hope we can stay here now, although I will have to start looking at plan B now, coz for me I think uncertainty is the worst thing you can have, & as you all know the uncertainty around the migration process itself & then getting here is enough to leave you a jibbering wreck.

I hope this comes accross positive, it may even ramble a bit, but just writing this has been quite an emotional exercise, hopefully it may of exorcised a few of my ghosts. Thanks for your previous support.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 12:04 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DavidT
Hi All,

Wanted to update you on all that's happened, all pretty good news so far, here goes. All has gone as well as it could of with the Chemo & Stem cell transplant, she has taken part in a number of clinical trials with new drugs etc & had the best care that the staff at the P.A Hospital could ever give.
It is now a year on & Steph is in full remission, again all you aim & hope for, then maybe get enough time for them to find a cure, which I believe will happen.
All in all we are quite enjoying ourselves, it would of been pleasant to really assess how deleareously happy we would of been without all this, because i truly believe you could bury me here when it's my time.
A few months being set up in the right place & the business I bought doing ok have set me another quandry now, we want to be here forever now & have to wait until Oct 07 to establish if we meet the Business criteria, if we do we then have to worry about the health criteria being satisfactory.

I have to thank my wife for having more guts & strength than I could of ever hoped for, it has made dealing with this nightmare a lot easier than I could of imagined. The kids are having a ball, they have mixed well & have more friends than ever. The natives are as friendly as, eh! The future although uncertain certainly keeps you focussed, but ya can't plan fer shit.

One of our dreams has been fulfilled & then again we made it to Paradise so two, just hope we can stay here now, although I will have to start looking at plan B now, coz for me I think uncertainty is the worst thing you can have, & as you all know the uncertainty around the migration process itself & then getting here is enough to leave you a jibbering wreck.

I hope this comes accross positive, it may even ramble a bit, but just writing this has been quite an emotional exercise, hopefully it may of exorcised a few of my ghosts. Thanks for your previous support.

Wonderful news David, good luck to you and your family
Old Nov 25th 2005, 12:13 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

That's good news David.
Best wishes to your wife for a continuing recovery.
Hope you get your visa problems sorted out as well.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 12:18 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Great to hear from you David...cant beleive that had been a year...so glad your wife is in remission, and that you can finally start to enjoy your new life together...........I also hope that the business etc is a roaring success and that you can plan for your future in Oz

H
xx
Old Nov 25th 2005, 12:27 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

What's the visa you are planning to apply for? Some permanent business visas have a health waiver, others haven't.

As you're probably applying onshore and have an appeal right to the MRT, also bear in mind the option (last resort) of a further appeal to the Minister for her personal discretion under section 351 of the Migration Act. Even if there's no formal health waiver on the visa, the Minister has total discretion under s351. Not easy to obtain, but you should factor it into your plans.

You should have a consultation with an immigration lawyer who is expert in the health criteria (and ministerial intervention). One of the few who could probably add some value to your application is Peter Bollard in Sydney: http://users.bigpond.net.au/onk/

Good luck otherwise.

Jeremy
Old Nov 25th 2005, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Glad you and your family made it to your paradise, hope it will last for many years for you and your wife and children. good luck and warmest wishes to your Steph, thinking of you all
love ireland
Old Nov 25th 2005, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Dear David , you sound like a really nice guy, and so caring, [my husband is also a David,] must be the name. I think the worst fear of emigrating is what has happened to you, how would we cope, well i hope we would be as strong as you. I hope you have a wonderful life and future with your family, as we say, we never know whats round the corner. bless you , Denise
Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing you all the very best. I have found the healthcare system over here exceptional - I'm sure you couldn't be in a better place for you all XX
Old Nov 25th 2005, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

I am new to this site so this is the first time that I have come across this thread. It is terribly sad to hear that you are all having to go through such a traumatic time and I am so impressed that you have still managed to settle given all that is going on. I really do hope that this isn't all snatched away from you at this late stage with the immigration visa.
Good luck and I really do hope that you get the answer that you all deserve and get the chance to start to plan for the future here in Australia.
Nicky
Old Nov 25th 2005, 5:27 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hey David.....long time no hear!!
So good to hear things are beginning to look up & that Steph is in remission. You guys have been through an incredible amount of worry & stress this last year & I take my hat off to you. I really don't think I could have coped if it had happened to us.
Like you say, migrating here creates enough stress to turn even the most level headed sane person into a jibbering wreck.....and believe me I've jibbered frequently & I'm seldom sane

So good luck to you all David & here's to a cure being found for Steph soon

Take care
Petra
Old Nov 25th 2005, 7:06 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

What can we say ....... good luck and tell Stephanie to keep up the fighting spirit. Out thoughts are with you and wish Stephanie good health for the future.

Lorraine
Old Nov 25th 2005, 7:12 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

You sound like a family of fighters, David - especially your wife. Don't beat yourself up too much about being in denial - everyone has their own coping methods. Fingers crossed for your visas and, of course, for your wife's continuing good health.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.