Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fighting for her life Downunder.

Wikiposts

Fighting for her life Downunder.

Old Jun 16th 2004, 2:13 am
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

David, I am sort of new here. I dont know you but I will say a prayer for your wife. stay strong, and know that you are not alone.
calle
Old Jun 16th 2004, 2:20 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

God be with you and your family xxxxxxxxx
Old Jun 16th 2004, 2:38 am
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Julia
Old Jun 16th 2004, 2:58 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Sending you both positive thoughts. What a bummer.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

well what more can I say apart from echoing the sentiments already expressed here.

Keep strong for your wife, but take help where it's offered, you need to keep your strength up too so don't try to do everything yourself.

As many know on here, I was diagnosed with aggressive breast cancer whilst pregnant with my now 4 year old son. I was only 28 but was bloody determined to be around for my child...and I'm sure your wife will be the same. And Bundy's right, a positive mental attitude is half the battle with cancer.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless you all

love sophia xx
Old Jun 16th 2004, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Our prayers and thoughts are with you
I hope you find a good support network to help you through this time.
best wishes
Helinuk
Old Jun 16th 2004, 3:37 am
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

To you, your wife and family,

We haven't met but all our best wishes and lets hope for a full and speedy recovery.

The 'irishmolly' family.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

pukka pom will become famous soon enoughpukka pom will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fighting for her life Downunder.

Originally posted by DavidT
Sorry I havn't posted for a while, I have had some bad news regarding my wife Stephanie, she has had to go into hospital recently after being fast tracked by a Haematologist who is concerned about his diagnosis which has been confirmed as Myeloma which is Cancer.
It basically attacks all the good blood cells in the bones which makes them become degenerate, compress or fracture. She has had the bone marrow test, she has started on a course of tablets to strengthen the bones & attack the disease. She is now on her 2nd treatment of chemotherapy & a few weeks away from a bone marrow transplant.
It is a very rare disease so they are hopeful for her, it generally affects older people. We are fortunate that Princess Alexander hospital in Brisbane is one of the best blood units in the world & the diagnosis has been picked up so quickly. Our consultant made the appointment for the following morning while we were at our initial consultation.
On the bleak side it is quite bleak, but we may have caught it early enough to give her the best possible chance.
The kids are fine & suspect little & I will keep it that way for the forseeable future.

3 Days later

Steph has had lots of tests, her organs are fine as the disease hasn't got at them which is good. she has no more breaks in her bones 3 fractures in her back causing immense discomfort.
The staff & facilities are fantastic & they are so proffesional, it was a blessing that we came over even if it was just to save her life, which is what we won't find out for some time yet. If we had of been back in the uk, we would of been none the wiser for a while & even then may not of got this kind of priority treatment.
Were hopeful but don't want to ask those questions just yet, we will wait a while, the best we can hope for is remission, they have said she will not do any better than that, but we remain positive.

The kids are happier than i have ever seen them, it's quite incredible really how they have slipped into this life, but they say that about kids don't they, I suppose getting all this fresh air & sunshine, plus there own way all the time is just how we would of liked it as children.

Will write again soon, love David. xxx
David, sorry to hear your wife has been so poorly, I wish you and your family all the best for the future, hope she is 100% real soon.

Sally
Old Jun 16th 2004, 4:34 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by Swifts
David

You and your family are all in our thoughts, sure you will get alot of support from everyone here and hope for good recovery for Stephanie

Love

Swifts xxxxx

Absolutely - all the best to you and your family & of course for Stephanies quick & ful recovery.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 4:46 am
maggy

bless you and your family david. we will be thinking of you and you know you have friends on here if you need to talk.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry I havn't posted for a while, I have had some bad news regarding my wife Stephanie, she has had to go into hospital recently after being fast tracked by a Haematologist who is concerned about his diagnosis which has been confirmed as Myeloma which is Cancer.
It basically attacks all the good blood cells in the bones which makes them become degenerate, compress or fracture. She has had the bone marrow test, she has started on a course of tablets to strengthen the bones & attack the disease. She is now on her 2nd treatment of chemotherapy & a few weeks away from a bone marrow transplant.
It is a very rare disease so they are hopeful for her, it generally affects older people. We are fortunate that Princess Alexander hospital in Brisbane is one of the best blood units in the world & the diagnosis has been picked up so quickly. Our consultant made the appointment for the following morning while we were at our initial consultation.
On the bleak side it is quite bleak, but we may have caught it early enough to give her the best possible chance.
The kids are fine & suspect little & I will keep it that way for the forseeable future.

3 Days later

Steph has had lots of tests, her organs are fine as the disease hasn't got at them which is good. she has no more breaks in her bones 3 fractures in her back causing immense discomfort.
The staff & facilities are fantastic & they are so proffesional, it was a blessing that we came over even if it was just to save her life, which is what we won't find out for some time yet. If we had of been back in the uk, we would of been none the wiser for a while & even then may not of got this kind of priority treatment.
Were hopeful but don't want to ask those questions just yet, we will wait a while, the best we can hope for is remission, they have said she will not do any better than that, but we remain positive.

The kids are happier than i have ever seen them, it's quite incredible really how they have slipped into this life, but they say that about kids don't they, I suppose getting all this fresh air & sunshine, plus there own way all the time is just how we would of liked it as children.

Old Jun 16th 2004, 5:18 am
maggy

Originally posted by maggy

our thoughts and prayers are with you. you will always have friends for support here

maggy and mark

Old Jun 16th 2004, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Dear David, Stephanie and children,

We haven't met or spoken but please accept all my wishes and hopes for a speedy remission. I know this is a very hard time for all of you but take strength from your children and accept any offers of help that you are given. I don't know how long you have been over there but hopefully you have made friends enough to call on some, if not please know that all your "virtual" friends are thinking of you.

Thinking of you all

Lindsey
Old Jun 16th 2004, 5:59 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

3 Days later

Hi David

Hope everything works out for your wife and of course your family.

You sound a very strong family, that will get you thru.

Best wishes from my family and me.

Walla
Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:03 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I echo all above sentiments. Good luck David, fingers crossed all goes well & Steph pulls through.

Bill.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

David & Stephanie

Logged in here for the first time in about a week and saw your post. I don't know you at all but adding you to my ' think about these folk' list and hope you continue to have promising news.

I too have a relative, a cousin, who has been battling cancer for about 15 yrs now, determined to see her grandchildren grow up has kept her going. So much more chance of at least remission nowadays with the new treatment.

Don't be afraid to let your neighbours know the situation and don't be too proud to accept help.

Regards

Ailsa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.