Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

fife, kirkcaldy, scotland maybe dundee

fife, kirkcaldy, scotland maybe dundee

Old Feb 25th 2004, 10:19 pm
maggy

Default fife, kirkcaldy, scotland maybe dundee

Hi anybody from the above areas emigrating to oz in near future would love to chat

Old Feb 25th 2004, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default Re: fife, kirkcaldy, scotland maybe dundee

Originally posted by maggy
Hi anybody from the above areas emigrating to oz in near future would love to chat

I am not emigrating but maybe thinking of it in years to come, i am over in oz right now on a working holiday visa to try it out and see if its somewhere i would like to live.

I am from scotland, aberdeenshire area and i am 32yrs old.

May i why your asking?
Old Feb 25th 2004, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a forum at www.scotsinoz.com and there a a few people from Dundee who frequent it.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 10:47 pm
jat
BE Enthusiast

jat is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
im from scotland.. the borders and now in melbourne.. been here 5 years but due to come home....

why dont you try WHV before emmigrating - could save you a lot of money in the long run.......

brian - where are you - in sydney?
Old Feb 25th 2004, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally posted by jat
hi
im from scotland.. the borders and now in melbourne.. been here 5 years but due to come home....

why dont you try WHV before emmigrating - could save you a lot of money in the long run.......

brian - where are you - in sydney?
No i am in geelong for now staying with relatives, need to meet people like myself who are here on a whv and are traveling about as i plan to go to queensland and sydney later not sure if after i find a job or before i get a job as i need to earn some extra money as it does help when your over here.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 11:25 pm
maggy

Originally posted by dracupg
There is a forum at www.scotsinoz.com and there a a few people from Dundee who frequent it.
I am from KDY my partnet Dundee and we are coming to Perth in May just hoping to find people who are going through same process for some advice with regards to schools and accomodation

Old Feb 25th 2004, 11:29 pm
maggy

Originally posted by dracupg
has taken us 2 years to complate application through DIMIA. We are hoping to settle in Perth May this year and are looking for people to give us advice with regards to education as we have 2 kids and need advice with regards to housing and jobs. Partner is painter and i am in social work.

Old Feb 25th 2004, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Don’t know much about Perth I’m afraid. I am in Sydney. Plenty folk living in Perth frequent this board. Keep checking back.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road

I am in Edinburgh, and leave here in 3 weeks, 1 day 8 hours!

Though I confess I'm not Scottish.....my username just gives me away!
Old Feb 25th 2004, 11:35 pm
maggy

Default Kirkcaldy, Fife

Thanks will keep checking

Old Feb 25th 2004, 11:38 pm
maggy

Default Re: Kirkcaldy, Fife

Thanks will keep checking
Rose St is so cool for pubs have u checked it out. The mussel in is great for sea food. Edinburgh is my partners fav place other than OZ

Old Feb 25th 2004, 11:41 pm
maggy

Default perth

Originally posted by brian.w
No i am in geelong for now staying with relatives, need to meet people like myself who are here on a whv and are traveling about as i plan to go to queensland and sydney later not sure if after i find a job or before i get a job as i need to earn some extra money as it does help when your over here.

In Scotland at moment off to Perth May Oz in May

Old Feb 25th 2004, 11:53 pm
jat
BE Enthusiast

jat is an unknown quantity at this point

cornish pasty/maggy

on the topic of edinburgh - i havnt lived there since 91 - i may head back there in june.. can you tell what its like, where to liver, what social life is like , shopping etc etc

its changed so much since i was there

thanks
Old Feb 26th 2004, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Jacko_22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Maggy,

Hubby and I are hoping to immigrate to Perth in June and we're living in Edinburgh just now. What is your situation? Have you already applied for your visa?

For those of you who want to know about Edinburgh it is fab. I love the castle, the nightlife, the culture, and all this from an Aussie. Have lived here the past 4 and a half years and will be sad to say goodbye, but sunnier climates and beaches beckon.

Mrs Jacko
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:08 pm
maggy

Default kirkcaldy fife dundee

Hi we appliied for our visa May 2002 and medicals were requested this week. We have medicals on 12th march in Dundee. All going well our consultant at four corners reckon our visa should be here approx 8 weeks after medicals have been done. We are putting the house on the market in 2 weeks and intend to head off to Oz pretty mucg as soon as Visas arrive. We intend to live in the city for a few months and then possibly settle in Rockingham area. The idea is to rent for the first year or so and then hopefully buy a house. This will be our first visit to Oz so not quite sure what to expect but what the hell. Have you decided where about in Perth you are going to settle and do you have jobs lined up? My partner is a painter and I am a project worker in a childrens home in Kirkcaldy. We are hoping to have a few interviews set up before we arrive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.