Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fiancee visa relationship breakdown

Fiancee visa relationship breakdown

Old Sep 15th 2006, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

annn has a spectacular aura aboutannn has a spectacular aura aboutannn has a spectacular aura about
Default Fiancee visa relationship breakdown

Hi all,

I have posted this on both Australia forums in hope.
I am after some advice for a friend and am hoping some kind soul may have some answers for her.

She arrived in Australia in Feb 2006 on a fiancee type visa, OH is a Aus citizen. They have a 2year old child together. She used the proceeds of her own house sale in the UK to buy a house here in Aus although there is still a small mortgage. He has now decided to leave her and has a new partner.

She is to go back to UK for a visit shortly, however he is now threatening her..
If she does not return he'll have her up for kidnap, but, when she does return she'll be deported as the visa is only a temp one until Feb 2007 and as they are no longer together she's not entitled to stay. Potentionally she could lose everything including her child.

Can anybody give any ideas as to her next move or where she can go for help. She has tried to get legal advise but has not had much luck.

Thanks
Ann
Old Sep 15th 2006, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiancee visa relationship breakdown

Originally Posted by annn
Hi all,

I have posted this on both Australia forums in hope.
I am after some advice for a friend and am hoping some kind soul may have some answers for her.

She arrived in Australia in Feb 2006 on a fiancee type visa, OH is a Aus citizen. They have a 2year old child together. She used the proceeds of her own house sale in the UK to buy a house here in Aus although there is still a small mortgage. He has now decided to leave her and has a new partner.

She is to go back to UK for a visit shortly, however he is now threatening her..
If she does not return he'll have her up for kidnap, but, when she does return she'll be deported as the visa is only a temp one until Feb 2007 and as they are no longer together she's not entitled to stay. Potentionally she could lose everything including her child.

Can anybody give any ideas as to her next move or where she can go for help. She has tried to get legal advise but has not had much luck.

Thanks
Ann

She need a migration lawyer FAST.

It probably won't be cheap either. Try this guy http://users.bigpond.net.au/onk/#about
Old Sep 15th 2006, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

annn has a spectacular aura aboutannn has a spectacular aura aboutannn has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy Re: Fiancee visa relationship breakdown

Originally Posted by WendyC
She need a migration lawyer FAST.

It probably won't be cheap either. Try this guy http://users.bigpond.net.au/onk/#about

Thanks Wendy, I'm just not sure how she'd be able to pay for his advice. But I shall pass it on.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 6:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiancee visa relationship breakdown

Originally Posted by annn
Thanks Wendy, I'm just not sure how she'd be able to pay for his advice. But I shall pass it on.

I can't see any other way round it, she really needs good, solid advice to make sure that she gets it right