Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fiancee Visa - got it...looks like they are quick

Fiancee Visa - got it...looks like they are quick

Old Jul 9th 2002, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Cobber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fiancee Visa - got it...looks like they are quick

Well my fiancee go it yesterday...not me....still feels just as good though. I am in Melbourne whilst she is in London....she is not English though...she is Turkish but studying in London....been there for 4 years on and off.

A quick timeline:

Applied : in the last week of April 2001
Received acknowledgement letter 5 days later requesting medicals and police certs.
Sent off medical and police certs 3 weeks ago
Received visa 8 July

All up about 9 weeks...it took 6 weeks to get the UK police certs though.

We did not use an immigration agent. Although they may be useful in sime circumstances you can save money by doing it all yourself.

Dont quote me but it is my opinion since the move to Adelaide for all skilled visas all other visas eg. fiancee, spouse,de-facto etc are being processed quickly which is good news to those of you waiting for these visas. This was the case for me and for numerous others on this forum.

Good luck to all.

Cobber
Old Jul 10th 2002, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Moo30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fiancee Visa - got it...looks like they are quick

Congrats Cobber!

Yes, does seem as though things are moving more quickly. My fiance is English and we applied for ours May 22nd .... received letter advising approval 3 weeks later on June 13th. We did front load our application with Medicals and Police checks which I think makes all the difference for applications with shorter processing times.

Out of curiosity I checked the AHC website to see if they had amended the processing times for Partner Visas and they have, down to 4 months instead of 6 months. I think a large part of this time frame is waiting for police and medicals to come back once requested.

All the best for the wedding.