Fiancee visa

Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:21 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Question Fiancee visa

Hi

I'm intending to apply for a fiancee visa but My fiancee is in Australia and I am in the UK. I'm a little confused about proving that you intend to marry within nine months when you're in separate countries! Does anyone have any advice on applying for this type of visa?

Thanks
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:35 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fiancee visa

Originally posted by BKate
Hi

I'm intending to apply for a fiancee visa but My fiancee is in Australia and I am in the UK. I'm a little confused about proving that you intend to marry within nine months when you're in separate countries! Does anyone have any advice on applying for this type of visa?

Thanks
You might get more advice on the immigration forum. I think you need a notice of intention to marry from your intended celebrant whether they be a priest, a marriage celebrant or someone from the marriage registry office.

Your partner in OZ will have to arrange it but I think they can be arranged by post.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

I am just about to go through the same process myself.

In South Australia you have to lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage with the Office of Consumer and Business Affairs. They will then issue a letter to go with the visa application. You do not have to specify the intended wedding date, as you can only book that up to 6 months ahead. There is a fee for lodging the notice. Nearer the time you will have to pay another fee and set the date.

This is the process whether you marry in church, a register office or on a beach with a celebrant.

You have to make sure that when you get to Australia you go and sign the documents at OCBA, and also remember that a wedding must be booked at least 30 days in advance (I think).

Good Luck.

Shaz

here is the link about it........

http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/bdm/
Old Oct 10th 2003, 11:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Get your fiance to find a local marriage celebrant or priest. Explain that you need to make a provisional booking for a wedding, in order to get the visa. You do not have to stick to the time, date, place or even the same celebrant once the visa is granted, by the way. The celebrant can then fill in the Notice of Intended Marriage, and sign it for you, and you then submit it with your application.
The N O I M will say that you can only book so far ahead - ignore that. No official booking is made until you have the visa, and you go back and confirm the date and place.
Thats all we did; we are getting married in Queensland in January, and our celebrant filled in the form back in March of this year. (If you are marrying in Queensland pm me, and I'll send you his email address).

Hope thats clear - if not, let me know and I'll try and help you a bit more.