Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

fiance visa granting

fiance visa granting

Old May 6th 2004, 8:15 pm

guest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the rough
Default fiance visa granting

hi all,

i'm going from uk to Aus in June to get engaged to kiwi Aus resident, when i come back i'll be putting my application in on July 12th, we want to get married on New Years Eve in Vanuatu, anyone now what the timescale is for the granting of fiance visa's right now, and any advice on how i can speed the process up, i'll be front loading the application with everything that i can.
Also i want to hand deliver my application in London is that ok/allowed?
hope you can give me some advice, thanks
Old May 6th 2004, 9:12 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fiance visa granting

Originally posted by kiwiloverjohn
hi all,

i'm going from uk to Aus in June to get engaged to kiwi Aus resident, when i come back i'll be putting my application in on July 12th, we want to get married on New Years Eve in Vanuatu, anyone now what the timescale is for the granting of fiance visa's right now, and any advice on how i can speed the process up, i'll be front loading the application with everything that i can.
Yep, should be plenty of time. Timescale: a few days to a few weeks usually. Can take 4 months, but that's an exception.
Look up fiance in the immigration forum, and this one too.
Post by Pollyana for example.
You'll find heaps of info. Like this thread(ok, not really your topic, but still)
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=228365

You can't deliver it, have to post it (changed recently)
Old May 7th 2004, 10:07 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

yeah just front load as much as poss and you should have no prob time scale wise. I'm going through the same process and when I submitted the last of docs I heard from my case worker withing days. Granted it was only to tell me that I had the wrong name on my police check, but it was pretty prompt. New police check been in about 2 weeks and waiting to hear either way now.

If I can help further just PM, otherwise good luck!
Old May 7th 2004, 10:14 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: fiance visa granting

Originally posted by kiwiloverjohn
hi all,

I thought that prospective spouse visas were for those getting married in Australia.

Is your sponsor a New Zealand or Australian Citizen? If the sponsor is a kiwi check out whether he/she is an eligible citizen for sponsoring for a partner visa. Kiwis are no longer entitled to automatic permanent residency.
Old May 7th 2004, 1:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that prospective spouse visas were for those getting married in Australia.
I thought the same Bondi, and when i got mine I'm sure it said that in the booklet; however the booklet now is very different in layout and stuff, and having read through the website it doesn't say the marriage has to be in Oz. It does say you must travel to Oz before you marry - and thus validate the visa - but I can't find anything now that says you must actually marry over here.
Guess they've changed it?