Fiance visa

Old Mar 18th 2004, 3:47 pm

guest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the rough
Default Fiance visa

hi hope someone can help, I'm travlling to OZ in June to get engaged when i get back in July i'll be applying for the fiance visa, i know then that we have to be married within 9 months, does the date of the wedding you put down influence the speed of the visa being granted, how long does it take to be granted, can i return to OZ whilst its being sorted. We will have known each other 6 months when i apply i am 44 english and she is 36 Kiwi resident in oz for 8 years, have you got any tips or help which will speed it along or make sure that it goes ok, we're not love struck kids we're adults who have found our soulmates on the otherside of the globe, any help would be good, can't wait to start our new life together..................................
Old Mar 18th 2004, 4:06 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiance visa

Originally posted by kiwiloverjohn
hi hope someone can help, I'm travlling to OZ in June to get engaged when i get back in July i'll be applying for the fiance visa, i know then that we have to be married within 9 months, does the date of the wedding you put down influence the speed of the visa being granted, how long does it take to be granted, can i return to OZ whilst its being sorted. We will have known each other 6 months when i apply i am 44 english and she is 36 Kiwi resident in oz for 8 years, have you got any tips or help which will speed it along or make sure that it goes ok, we're not love struck kids we're adults who have found our soulmates on the otherside of the globe, any help would be good, can't wait to start our new life together..................................
Hi and welcome!
No, the date will not matter.

Have a look at www.austimeline.com for times of proccessing. IF it's the same as spouse it could take up to 4 months, but usually much sooner.
You'll probably have to be in the UK when you recieve the visa.

Have you found Booklet 1 yet? If not there is a link to it somewhere in here(bottom), read it ALL(a pdf file):
http://www.dimia.gov.au/migration/fa...ers/fiance.htm

Make sure you start collecting/saving everything that proves you've had contact (envelopes, emails, foto's, telefoon bills, travel documents).
Especially evidence that you have met.
And a letter from the marriage celebrant, with date and place etc and proof that you have lodged a Notice of intended marriage.

Anyway, I don't know anything specifically about it, we have a spouse visa.

Check out the Immigration forum (this one is more for moving/living/lifestyle etc). If you use the search button there (and probably here too) you are sure to find lots of people who've done the same.
Actually, Pollyana is one of them, look up her posts. She's also in your situation, moved to Oz last year and is now married.

Good luck!
Old Mar 18th 2004, 5:40 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Hi John

Couple of things below that might help you application.

Good Luck

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/html/partner_mig.html
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
cis07.pdf (63.6 KB, 215 views)
Old Mar 18th 2004, 5:42 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Also front loading should help speed up the process have attached a document which explains exactly what it is.

Good Luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
front_end_loading.pdf (24.7 KB, 117 views)