Fiance Visa

Old Sep 8th 2002, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

daler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fiance Visa

Hi,

I hope someone can give me some sound advice!

I lodged the final part of my fiance visa 5 weeks ago (Police checks and medical) and am wondering what the average wait is at present. My wedding day is at the end of Feb in Melbourne but want to get myself a job sorted in my field before then so need to get back to Oz soon.

Bearing in mind my police checks are clear that just leaves the medical, touchwood I am fit and healthy. It can't take that long can it?
Would it affect the processing of the visa if I contact the AHC? don't want to ruffle any feathers, or should I just sit and wait?

Any takers? Thanks Dale
Old Sep 9th 2002, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fiance Visa

Personally, and this is also the advise I got from my agent... I would not call them.. they do not like being called as it then puts them further behind with their work, but 5 weeks to make a decision does seem quite a long time... I did read right that you had your application in with all the documentation apart from police and medicals which you then sent in 5 weeks ago?

It is swings and roundabouts wether you phone them up, I can see why you are sitting on the edge of your seat

I do wish you luck and I hope that one of your next posts will be I GOT IT!!!!!

Good luck with your wedding and your move to Melb.. might see you there I will look out for the English bloke with confetti in his hair

Yvonne

5 days til we leave, 7 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Originally posted by daler:
Hi,

I hope someone can give me some sound advice!

I lodged the final part of my fiance visa 5 weeks ago (Police checks and medical) and am wondering what the average wait is at present. My wedding day is at the end of Feb in Melbourne but want to get myself a job sorted in my field before then so need to get back to Oz soon.

Bearing in mind my police checks are clear that just leaves the medical, touchwood I am fit and healthy. It can't take that long can it?
Would it affect the processing of the visa if I contact the AHC? don't want to ruffle any feathers, or should I just sit and wait?

Any takers? Thanks Dale