A few tears

Old Mar 21st 2004, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default A few tears

Well, I don't know if it is because it is motherday and I am feeling a bit emotional but it has got to me a bit today. I will not only be leaving my parents etc but I will be leaving my lovely daughter who means the world to me.

Come on, someone please cheer me up. They are all at work and I'm just sitting her feeling depressed!

Mandy
Old Mar 21st 2004, 8:51 am
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all
Default Re: A few tears

Think of it as you're moving out of home. Home being the UK. Your daughter is probably, as well as your parents, proud of you taking this huge step. To be honest if you feel down have a damn good cry, plan something to do today even if it's a mooch round the shops and do a search on here for the jokes that have been put up in the last few days as that is bound to make you smile/blush! I know this day is going to hit me soon just don't know when....... You will be ok though
Old Mar 21st 2004, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

slowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud of

hey scrawni,

i would try not to worry... think about your daughter im sure she would love that holiday out to where your moving to. Your parents to im sure would love to come out and have a break with you.

how long until you move...

monkey girl
x
Old Mar 21st 2004, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Thanks guys, I feel better now. Just made a cuppa, sat down on the internet and started looking for lovely pictures of Oz. It just reminded me of why we are doing this.

We are off to Cairns about July (if we get the visa of course!). Mind you, I have just looked at the news on Cairns and they have been cut of by gales as a cyclone developes on the east coast. It is moving south east.

Apart from all that I am really excited about the move. Just that sometimes it gets to you a bit.

Mandy
Old Mar 21st 2004, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

slowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud of

once u get your visa, you and the rest of ya family parents daughts long lost uncles etc...lol... will be so busy helping you pack and get things sorted you wont have time to shed tears until the very last minute and by then you will be some excited they will be tears of joy not misery and worry...

hey im only 15 so i proberly wont have a clue what your going through, but soon (hopefully) my family and i will be going through the same emotions as you. im guessing its normal to feel upset and worried but think of that new life... he he

monkey girl
x
Old Mar 21st 2004, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Mandy,

I know exactly what you are feeling, we have only arrived in Queensland a few days, and saying goodbye to everyone was so so hard, but just keep thinking of the life you will have, and they will be able to come and visit, it's worth it in the end.

Keep your chin up

Lisa
Old Mar 21st 2004, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Scrawni,

There aren't many of us that don't go through the same feelings on this process of moving and settling in Australia.

I definately went through the same as you, but we are now out here and have been since October.
We were here 12 weeks and my daughter came out for 8 weeks with my grandchildren. We had a lovely time together, and a week before she left I was getting upset that they were leaving.
I cried most days at the thought of her leaving.
She has been back in the UK for 2 weeks now and I missed her like crazy for the first few days, but now I am back into a routine.
She will email me and I her most days, and we speak on the phone once or twice a week.
I know that she is happy, and she knows that we are, and we are both acceptant of our distances, but know that we are still there for eachother no matter what.

My parents too were a bit difficult to say the least, but they too realise that we are happier than we have been for a very long time, and have now come to terms with the situation. Saying that, they moved to Spain over 20 years ago, so I found it a bit difficult to accept their displeasure.

Just remember that it is you and your family that are the most important, and going to Australia isn't like it was 20 years ago.(once you went you weren't heard of for years).

Good luck with your move, and be happy.

Whisky
Old Mar 21st 2004, 1:36 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by whisky
Hello Scrawni,

There aren't many of us that don't go through the same feelings on this process of moving and settling in Australia.

I definately went through the same as you, but we are now out here and have been since October.
We were here 12 weeks and my daughter came out for 8 weeks with my grandchildren. We had a lovely time together, and a week before she left I was getting upset that they were leaving.
I cried most days at the thought of her leaving.
She has been back in the UK for 2 weeks now and I missed her like crazy for the first few days, but now I am back into a routine.
She will email me and I her most days, and we speak on the phone once or twice a week.
I know that she is happy, and she knows that we are, and we are both acceptant of our distances, but know that we are still there for eachother no matter what.

My parents too were a bit difficult to say the least, but they too realise that we are happier than we have been for a very long time, and have now come to terms with the situation. Saying that, they moved to Spain over 20 years ago, so I found it a bit difficult to accept their displeasure.

Just remember that it is you and your family that are the most important, and going to Australia isn't like it was 20 years ago.(once you went you weren't heard of for years).

Good luck with your move, and be happy.

Whisky
Hello Scrawni,

What everyone has written on here I am sure is absolutely true. I am currently applying for a spouse visa, my boyfriend is back in Australia and I miss him like crazy. My mum isn't especially happy about my plans to move back to be with him, but I know (because she's told me!) that she just wants me to be happy, and if living in Australia makes me happy, that's fine with her. I am sure your parents and your daughter feel the same way.

I think once you're there and settled you'll be too busy finding your way around s you can show all the visitors that you have to feel too down!

Old Mar 21st 2004, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

noodle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi mlbonner

Where are you from in Cheshire. I'm from Cheshire too, hoping to go to Melbourne.

Noodle
Old Mar 21st 2004, 5:43 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by noodle
Hi mlbonner

Where are you from in Cheshire. I'm from Cheshire too, hoping to go to Melbourne.

Noodle
Hey Noodle - I've sent you a PM!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:35 am
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scrawni
Well, I don't know if it is because it is motherday and I am feeling a bit emotional but it has got to me a bit today. I will not only be leaving my parents etc but I will be leaving my lovely daughter who means the world to me.

Come on, someone please cheer me up. They are all at work and I'm just sitting her feeling depressed!

Mandy
I guess it got to you. You got the Tee shirt and returned hey?

How was Cairns? ...not your cup-of-tea?
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MD09
I guess it got to you. You got the Tee shirt and returned hey?

How was Cairns? ...not your cup-of-tea?
Why do you keep resurrecting threads that are 2-3 years old?

Most of these people haven't been on here for years so they won't be answering your questions.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:53 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by NickyC

Most of these people haven't been on here for years so they won't be answering your questions.
well spotted, i thought i was having a groundhog day
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:55 am
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NickyC

She would probably get an email alerting her to the fact her thread has been replied too.

Where is the harm in asking a question. Havene't you got better things to do...
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MD09
She would probably get an email alerting her to the fact her thread has been replied too.

Where is the harm in asking a question. Havene't you got better things to do...
If you're that keen to find out what happened to Scrawni, just search for her other posts. It was quite well documented at the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.