Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

a few questions pls. x

a few questions pls. x

Old Oct 31st 2007, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

gem313 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default a few questions pls. x

hello, my name is Gemma and me and my OH have decided on australia oh and my daughter who's 3, it's took us a year to decide this.
Anyway im just doing my research on visa's etc and i think i might have problems if i explain them and if onyone can answer anything that would be fab. here goes.

Me and my OH ar not married and dont have anything in joint names, the only proof we have is mail going to the same address, we have been toghether for 5 years now. will this be a problem?

my OH only qualification is a wlding apprentice in 1995 and he has been doing that job ever since will this be ok for skills assesment. (we want to go on a skilled inderpendant visa)?

he also wants to take his beloved TVR car with him, how much is this likely to cost to get it over there are is there any rules as such and whats car insurance on imported cars like.

how would i get an employer to sponser him if needed too?

and last one. my mums comming with us too, shes 42 and has nvq levels 2,3,4 in AAT would this qualification be enough she got it in 1995 and has worked as an accountant since, oh and for the past 1years she has been doing temping jobs, before that she was self employed will this effect her visa application.

think thats it for now. im sooo sorry for all the questions just want to be sure we can get in first, i get worried in these situations. xxx
Old Oct 31st 2007, 7:44 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a few questions pls. x

Originally Posted by gem313
hello, my name is Gemma and me and my OH have decided on australia oh and my daughter who's 3, it's took us a year to decide this.
Anyway im just doing my research on visa's etc and i think i might have problems if i explain them and if onyone can answer anything that would be fab. here goes.

Me and my OH ar not married and dont have anything in joint names, the only proof we have is mail going to the same address, we have been toghether for 5 years now. will this be a problem?

my OH only qualification is a wlding apprentice in 1995 and he has been doing that job ever since will this be ok for skills assesment. (we want to go on a skilled inderpendant visa)?

he also wants to take his beloved TVR car with him, how much is this likely to cost to get it over there are is there any rules as such and whats car insurance on imported cars like.

how would i get an employer to sponser him if needed too?

and last one. my mums comming with us too, shes 42 and has nvq levels 2,3,4 in AAT would this qualification be enough she got it in 1995 and has worked as an accountant since, oh and for the past 1years she has been doing temping jobs, before that she was self employed will this effect her visa application.

think thats it for now. im sooo sorry for all the questions just want to be sure we can get in first, i get worried in these situations. xxx
Is your daughter in joint names , ie birth cert? and welcome btw
Old Oct 31st 2007, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Is your daughter in joint names , ie birth cert? and welcome btw
hi yes she is. thanks for the welcome. ive just realised i posted in the wrong bit so sorry everyone. i was thinking of having my last name changed by deed thingy to his if this helps? x
Old Oct 31st 2007, 7:53 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

hi yes she is. thanks for the welcome. ive just realised i posted in the wrong bit so sorry everyone. i was thinking of having my last name changed by deed thingy to his if this helps? x
no point..

Does your OH have mail delivered, insurance for car.. rent/mortgage for the same address as you?
Credit card statements to your address.. dated photos over last 3-5 yrs with both of you on it..
Holiday booking forms or store credit in both names etc
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

no point..

Does your OH have mail delivered, insurance for car.. rent/mortgage for the same address as you?
Credit card statements to your address.. dated photos over last 3-5 yrs with both of you on it..
Holiday booking forms or store credit in both names etc
all mail including mortgage(im not on it) does come to the same add. think we have dated photos only prob is the camera was sent wrong and says 2009. lol will deed poll not help then? dont have anything other than that though. might have a tax credits award notice for last year but not this. x
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:05 pm
Banned

all mail including mortgage(im not on it) does come to the same add. think we have dated photos only prob is the camera was sent wrong and says 2009. lol will deed poll not help then? dont have anything other than that though. might have a tax credits award notice for last year but not this. x
presumably he works, and pays tax and nat ins. so should be at that address

deedpoll wont work, unless your surname is 313 lol
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

presumably he works, and pays tax and nat ins. so should be at that address

deedpoll wont work, unless your surname is 313 lol
lol. yeah he works and tax is at this address, do you think we'll be ok with it then. we're starting the application process after xmas. to much going on a mo. just another question, ill be in debt at time of sending application off but will be out of it shortly after, got house up for sale to pay debts etc... will this effect it. tax
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:23 pm
Banned

lol. yeah he works and tax is at this address, do you think we'll be ok with it then. we're starting the application process after xmas. to much going on a mo. just another question, ill be in debt at time of sending application off but will be out of it shortly after, got house up for sale to pay debts etc... will this effect it. tax
no

Australia isnt interested in your financial status in uk.. unless your a bankrupt.. which even then shouldnt be a stumbling block..

I think you would come out ona defacto

As for your mum.. her application would need to be totally separate from yours.

Also why not just get married at a registry office.. and then everything is cushtee
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

no

Australia isnt interested in your financial status in uk.. unless your a bankrupt.. which even then shouldnt be a stumbling block..

I think you would come out ona defacto

As for your mum.. her application would need to be totally separate from yours.

Also why not just get married at a registry office.. and then everything is cushtee
my mums app would be seperate, my OH doesnt want to get married just yet and it doesnt seem right getting married just coz of that if you get me. so stupid question but would i have to pay debts. its not for me my friend wants to go but he ows a bit out.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:41 pm
Banned

my mums app would be seperate, my OH doesnt want to get married just yet and it doesnt seem right getting married just coz of that if you get me. so stupid question but would i have to pay debts. its not for me my friend wants to go but he ows a bit out.
to make application you can have debts.. most ppl have ENORMOUS debts... chief one called a mortgage...

To then emigrate and leave debts behind.. cant comment on that

Theres a school of thought, that the more complicated your application, the more complicated the process.

regarding welding... if he has indentures, and has recent work exp.. then i see no problems with his application. He would apply under skilled ind. I would imagine.

You could opt for ENS if thats still available or STNI. Best of my knowledge not avil. in QLD.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Hi

My OH and i are going on my 136 visa, we are not married and we had to provide proof that we had lived together for 12 months, we didnt have any joint bills we just provided separate letters at the same address. We also opened a joint bank account and provided them with statements from our friends and family. Our agent advised us to send pictures of us over the years and other items such as prints off of holiday booking,xmas cards sent to both of us and wedding invites, we also live with my parents so we had no proof of rent etc

minibelle