Reload this Page >

Few Questions about Perth University and Visa

Few Questions about Perth University and Visa

Old Aug 18th 2007, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

avion99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Few Questions about Perth University and Visa

Hi all,

We have just come back from Aus. We are planning to apply for Visa, but I have few question. I need you help and advice.

Q1. How long the visa process takes ?

Q2. My Son is in year 9, He is very bright and intelligent lad. I want him to go to Cambridge or Oxford? Is universities in perth as good as these two? Please advice.

Q3. Once we get visa, could be go there to get it stamped and come back here, until things are sort here.

Q4. What is visa expiry limit ?

Q5. Do you think, is it cheaper over there. As we don't find it cheap there, or may be we were in the Perth CBD.

Q6. What is job prospect for Oracle developer/Oracle DBA in perth ?

Q7. Is Indian food available in outer suburbs like Helleries?

We would be grateful for all advice.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 3:13 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Few Questions about Perth University and Visa

Originally Posted by avion99
Hi all,

We have just come back from Aus. We are planning to apply for Visa, but I have few question. I need you help and advice.

Q1. How long the visa process takes ?

Q2. My Son is in year 9, He is very bright and intelligent lad. I want him to go to Cambridge or Oxford? Is universities in perth as good as these two? Please advice.

Q3. Once we get visa, could be go there to get it stamped and come back here, until things are sort here.

Q4. What is visa expiry limit ?

Q5. Do you think, is it cheaper over there. As we don't find it cheap there, or may be we were in the Perth CBD.
1. Anywhere from 6-12 months usually. Skill assessment needs to be done first, between a few weeks and a few months normally.

2. The University of Western Australia is a good university, but it would not be quite in the league of Oxford or Cambridge.
Australia's top universities are in the Group of Eight: http://www.go8.edu.au

There's no consensus on the "most highly ranked" university in Australia, but it would probably come to a toss-up between the University of Sydney, University of Melbourne or the Australian National University. But the University of Western Australia is pretty good and your son should be ok there. He could always go elsewhere for his postgraduate degree.

3. You will have to make first entry to Australia usually within 12 months of the earliest of medicals and police checks. Some people get only 6 months from medicals. A vacation will do. Whole family must validate.

4. http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/968i.pdf and http://www.citizenship.gov.au

5. Perth house prices are much more expensive than they used to be (resources boom).