Few queries

Old Sep 29th 2003, 7:24 am
Just Joined

peoedith is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Few queries

Hi there,
is nice reading your migrating messages! I'm Edith and my dream is to migrate to asutralia as well. Does anybody know if it is possible to find a job (or an employer) before applying for the visa? I am a computer tester
Btw, I live in Italy but I'm romanian. My family moved here since 1991. Do you think this will be a problem for the visa?
And also, if I'll have only one work experience year, as I took my degree last year, you'll I obtain the skill assesment? And Also, is it true that once you'll apply for the visa you'lll be required to put an amount of money in an australian goverment account?
Any way, nothing will stop me to try! Everybody should try to realize his/her dreams!
Cheers, Edith
Old Sep 29th 2003, 9:22 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Few queries

Originally posted by peoedith
Hi there,
is nice reading your migrating messages! I'm Edith and my dream is to migrate to asutralia as well. Does anybody know if it is possible to find a job (or an employer) before applying for the visa? I am a computer tester
Btw, I live in Italy but I'm romanian. My family moved here since 1991. Do you think this will be a problem for the visa?
And also, if I'll have only one work experience year, as I took my degree last year, you'll I obtain the skill assesment? And Also, is it true that once you'll apply for the visa you'lll be required to put an amount of money in an australian goverment account?
Any way, nothing will stop me to try! Everybody should try to realize his/her dreams!
Cheers, Edith
Get on the DIMIA web site and start reading. The process is complicated and the whole answer cannot be put in a reply.

www.immi.gov.au is your starting point as well as ptlabs faq on the thread at the top of the forum.

There are lots of ways of building up your points so the requirments vary depending on your situation.

Your country of origin is not a hindrance to your application. The IT market in Australia is not easy at the moment so unless you work in a niche such as security you will find it difficult but not impossible to get sponsored.

Best of luck as you seem very determined. Have you ever visited? There are a few Romanians at my work. They seem to have mixed feelings about Australia but they do not regret emigrating.

If you pop more specific questions up you well get a lot of good answers from people who have been through the process.