Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ferrel Queenslanders

Ferrel Queenslanders

Old Jan 16th 2004, 7:06 am
Semper Vigilante

ButtonMoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ferrel Queenslanders

Recent survey showed that 50% of queenslanders polled thought the police emergency number was 911.
Current affair and today tonight always slide in the neighbour rage segments which are filmed in Qld.
What is it about Queenslanders that makes them ........that way ?
Old Jan 16th 2004, 8:01 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ferrel Queenslanders

Originally posted by ButtonMoon
Recent survey showed that 50% of queenslanders polled thought the police emergency number was 911.
Current affair and today tonight always slide in the neighbour rage segments which are filmed in Qld.
Don't want to shatter the fragile egos of the poor starving Poms immos eking out a meger subsistance working for Melbourne telemarketer pollsters.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 9:44 am
Dugongidae Member

dugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura about

maybe they are isolated and stupid and watching too much usa produced dross on tv.

in the lonely planet guide for queensland they even went so far as to warn non white folk to expect racism. lonely planet is an oz publisher and a true one eyed aussie so really this advice was the equivalent of an offical government warning.

Old Jan 16th 2004, 10:10 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that up there they spell it "Feral"

<g>
Old Jan 16th 2004, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if they are or if this is true, but if 50% QLDers think 911 is the emergency number, I guess that goes to show that they don't have to use it all that often. Sounds good to me.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

gypsey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by steandleigh
Not sure if they are or if this is true, but if 50% QLDers think 911 is the emergency number, I guess that goes to show that they don't have to use it all that often. Sounds good to me.
i was living in north queensland for about 3months(not long i know) and to tell you the truth they arent the most intelligent of species.
But they are really friendly and will do anything for you.we made some real good friends but came home for a number of reasons.
Crime being one of them.
Since getting back we have realised that crime is everywhere.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point

We're due to find out as we're flying into Cairns on the 14th Feb and driving to Brisbane on a flexible schedule. Look forward to seeing the difference between SA and Queensland.