Reload this Page >

Felt phsically sick- dog diemma

Felt phsically sick- dog diemma

Old Nov 29th 2009, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

Kayelem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Felt phsically sick- dog diemma

Originally Posted by ukmouse
We lost our dog in June of this year... I have literally just returned from buying some logs at the farm shop and had to drive past the country park that we used to take him to every day. My heart broke in two once again when I saw the hilll and bracken he used to run through. If he was still with us, I simply couldn't imagine going anywhere without him.

To the OP.... I just want to wish you all the best with everything and I suppose say that all the worries you will have, the flight, quarantine etc will fade away as soon as your furry family member is released and you can have her home with you again in Perth.

Dogs are the most adaptable and accepting creatures but I think it would be more distressing for them to be permanently separated from their 'pack' family than spending a few hours on a plane and some time in quarantine. At least they will rejoin their family at the end of it all. They seem to take everything in there stride so I'm sure that she will welcome all the upheaval to be with you eventually.

Good luck with it all... and give her a biscuit from me
Aww I am so sorry about you dog. Sounds like he had a fab life and lucky to have had such good owners.

We are good owners and would not want to give her away to anyone else. I am abosolutely dreading taking her to the airport and looked into getting her collected by the agents we are using as I don't know whether I want to witness seeing her sealed into a crate. But at nearly £400 for the service we are going to take her ourselves. Thanks for your good luck and the biscuit
Old Nov 29th 2009, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

ukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kayelem
Aww I am so sorry about you dog. Sounds like he had a fab life and lucky to have had such good owners.

We are good owners and would not want to give her away to anyone else. I am abosolutely dreading taking her to the airport and looked into getting her collected by the agents we are using as I don't know whether I want to witness seeing her sealed into a crate. But at nearly £400 for the service we are going to take her ourselves. Thanks for your good luck and the biscuit
I can imagine how you are feeling... its heart breaking isnt it and yet they always seem to keep wagging their tails and say 'stop fussing mum/dad... I'm fine!'

I hated leaving our boy in the kennels for 2 weeks a year but true to form, once the goodbyes were over he'd completely forgotten about us and was jumping around barking his silly head of at his room mates.

After all.... they get to lie down on their flight and sleep most of the way. They have a better trip out than the rest of us!!!! Hmmm... I might think of shipping me and OH out by crate... at least they have to give us room to turn round and lie down which is more than you get in Economy! ROFL
Old Nov 29th 2009, 11:46 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ukmouse

After all.... they get to lie down on their flight and sleep most of the way. They have a better trip out than the rest of us!!!! Hmmm... I might think of shipping me and OH out by crate... :
With the noise in the cargo hold were they are I would think they get very little sleep and I would imagine they are very frightened and stressed being locked in a crate on there own and put in a very noisy plane hold. I know our two were very stressed and upset when they arrived in Australia, the oldest of our two would not let anyone near him for the first few days in quarantine. They even phoned us the night they landed as he was so stressed to find out what they could do to calm him down.
It is very stressful shipping your pet out here on yourself and the animal. I would love to move back to the UK but I worry about the journey back on the dogs and at the moment I don't think they would cope with that flight again so soon.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 1:42 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Have to agree with Mark - not trying to scare you and many thousands of people have done this before you, but I do want to be realistic.

My cats had never been fully outdoor cats - although said youngster was until he was about 16 weeks, the other two were hand-reared - and they were not used to noise or strangers.

My youngster cut his face quite badly, trying to get out of his cage, before they even got to the airport. I didn't know this until the Q-station told me.

My little girl, who always recovered from the vets much quicker than the wussy boys twice her size, wet herself and howled before they were picked up by the pet movers. (I almost called it off right there and then, with the removal men on the doorstep!)