Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fees for Medicals and Police Checks

Fees for Medicals and Police Checks

Old Jan 30th 2006, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

kozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nice
Default Fees for Medicals and Police Checks

Hi,

We're in the process of filling out our 47SK for Australia and are also trying to get a rough idea of what expenses other than the initial application fee we will need to consider. Can anyone let me know the rough amount for medicals and police checks. There will be 2 adults and 2 children. Also, part of the application asks for the visa number from when you last visited australia. We do not have a note of this. Is it necessary that we complete this part.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fees for Medicals and Police Checks

Originally Posted by kozzae
Hi,

We're in the process of filling out our 47SK for Australia and are also trying to get a rough idea of what expenses other than the initial application fee we will need to consider. Can anyone let me know the rough amount for medicals and police checks. There will be 2 adults and 2 children. Also, part of the application asks for the visa number from when you last visited australia. We do not have a note of this. Is it necessary that we complete this part.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
hi Kozzae,we paid 70 pounds for two xrays and 385 for medicals including blood tests for two adults and two kids in shropshire.cant help you with the rest.good luck. x irishbloo
Old Jan 30th 2006, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

B McAleese is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a standard fee for the police checks which are £10 each. The medicals seem to depend on where you live and who carries them out, I paid £510 for the medicals,(2 adults and 2 children) along with £100 for the x-rays
Old Jan 30th 2006, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

kozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nice

Originally Posted by irishbloo
hi Kozzae,we paid 70 pounds for two xrays and 385 for medicals including blood tests for two adults and two kids in shropshire.cant help you with the rest.good luck. x irishbloo

thanks, information appreciated.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 5:26 pm
Down Under

nicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud of

Police checks are fixed at £10 per person.

Medicals vary wildly from one doctor to another so phone around. It may work out cheaper if you travel a little further than your nearest one.

We got ours done in Huddersfield for £100 each and x-rays done same day for (I think) £55 each.

Altogether we've sent four parcels of documents to our agent via DHL, so budget another £30-£40 each time for those as well.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

as others have said £10 for police checks

meds and xrays combined price of £207 per adult at Gatwick
Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:17 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
as others have said £10 for police checks

meds and xrays combined price of £207 per adult at Gatwick

any idea what Gatwick charge for kids? as we're thinking of going there for ours
Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

no idea, sorry... give them a ring though. they were mega helpful on the phone and answrred all my little questions no problem
Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:35 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
no idea, sorry... give them a ring though. they were mega helpful on the phone and answrred all my little questions no problem
i don't suppose you would be kind enough to PM me the number!

Pretty please
Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alan and sam
i don't suppose you would be kind enough to PM me the number!

Pretty please
Sorry, no idea where it is... phoned for my appointment ages ago...
Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of

any idea what Gatwick charge for kids? as we're thinking of going there for ours
gatwick charge £207 per adult and £166 for kids.I found thornton heath in croydon £160 adults and £125 kids.Has any one found anywhere in london cheaper?
Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:48 pm
Sam
here and staying

Originally Posted by upthehammers
gatwick charge £207 per adult and £166 for kids.I found thornton heath in croydon £160 adults and £125 kids.Has any one found anywhere in london cheaper?

have heard that Gatwick are NOT touchy feely medicals though, and have to admit that appeals to me!
Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of

have heard that Gatwick are NOT touchy feely medicals though, and have to admit that appeals to me!
I would prefer to go to one that has been recommended.As i have a 15 year old not keen on medical as it is.If gatwick is a good place to go and not so touchy feely i think i would rather go there.Any one who has been to gatwick can you let me know what they do please