Reload this Page >

Feels like home!!

Feels like home!!

Old Nov 18th 2006, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

wallaby64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Feels like home!!

Hi Everyone
I posted about ten months ago when as a family we were all split up, me in Ireland and the oh and kids in Ashmore (gold coast)
I have returned!!!
We have now all been reunited, have sold the house in Ireland and have bought the proverbial "handymans dream" in Mudgeeraba.
Kids are loving the place. School to them is just an absolute breeze. Sixteen yr old has gone from eleven subjects to six...from average C's to A's
Not sure if its the ideal thing but if they are happy???
House is a kip but we decided to spend the little money we had and install a pool. What an investment.... Its fantastic....we had solar installed at the same time so its usable all the time.
I have been here about a month and have set up a web site advertising myself as a handyman. It is something that I have been doing for the past twenty years on and off in England ,Ireland and Australia.The thing has taken off big time and at the moment I am working six days a week .
Oh is working pt. Kids are into everything. Acre is overgrown. Pets are going daft. Life goes on!!!
Gold Coast is beautiful, get yourselves over here!
Old Nov 18th 2006, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feels like home!!

Originally Posted by wallaby64
Hi Everyone
I posted about ten months ago when as a family we were all split up, me in Ireland and the oh and kids in Ashmore (gold coast)
I have returned!!!
We have now all been reunited, have sold the house in Ireland and have bought the proverbial "handymans dream" in Mudgeeraba.
Kids are loving the place. School to them is just an absolute breeze. Sixteen yr old has gone from eleven subjects to six...from average C's to A's
House is a kip but we decided to spend the little money we had and install a pool. What an investment.... Its fantastic....we had solar installed at the same time so its usable all the time.
I have been here about a month and have set up a web site advertising myself as a handyman. It is something that I have been doing for the past twenty years on and off in England ,Ireland and Australia.The thing has taken off big time and at the moment I am working six days a week .
Oh is working pt. Kids are into everything. Acre is overgrown. Pets are going daft. Life goes on!!!
Lovely post glad you're enjoying your new life as for getting over there.........hopefully we will be next september
Old Nov 18th 2006, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by curly
Lovely post glad you're enjoying your new life as for getting over there.........hopefully we will be next september
Look us up when you get here.......it will be here alot quicker than you think!!!
Old Nov 18th 2006, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Look us up when you get here.......it will be here alot quicker than you think!!!
will do we have 2 lads who'll be 9 (nearly 10) and 16 when we arrive
Old Nov 18th 2006, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

will do we have 2 lads who'll be 9 (nearly 10) and 16 when we arrive
Where on the Gold Coast are you thinking of settling??
Old Nov 18th 2006, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Default Irish Australian Idol

Let us win the Idol!!!!!
VOTE FOR DAMIEN
(If you dont like damien vote for the girl...shes nice too)
Old Nov 18th 2006, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Where on the Gold Coast are you thinking of settling??
well we liked varsity lakes, but it looked a bit pricey, other than that pacific pines
Old Nov 18th 2006, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

well we liked varsity lakes, but it looked a bit pricey, other than that pacific pines
The two areas you mentioned are about 30 minutes apart on the motorway.
They reckon that Robina(Varsity LaKes) will be the cbd of the Gold Coast by 2010. Pacific Pines is lovely but is a project in the making.....bit like milton keynes was years ago. Good luck with your choice. We (or should I say, My Wife) rented in Ashmore for allmost 8 months before deciding on Mudgeeraba so maybe thats what you need to look at.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The two areas you mentioned are about 30 minutes apart on the motorway.
They reckon that Robina(Varsity LaKes) will be the cbd of the Gold Coast by 2010. Pacific Pines is lovely but is a project in the making.....bit like milton keynes was years ago. Good luck with your choice. We (or should I say, My Wife) rented in Ashmore for allmost 8 months before deciding on Mudgeeraba so maybe thats what you need to look at.
yes we will rent first. We were over in august having a look around and loved it
Old Nov 18th 2006, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

yes we will rent first. We were over in august having a look around and loved it
I would reccommend that you go on your thirteen yr olds feelings....They are pretty spot on at that age.... think about it.
Pm me if you would like my crew to get in touch....Kids that is
Old Nov 18th 2006, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I would reccommend that you go on your thirteen yr olds feelings....They are pretty spot on at that age.... think about it.
Pm me if you would like my crew to get in touch....Kids that is
will do but kids will be 10 (almost) and 16 so yes agree he'll have to feel comfy there, he loved it while we were there and can't wait to go after his exams
Old Nov 18th 2006, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

will do but kids will be 10 (almost) and 16 so yes agree he'll have to feel comfy there, he loved it while we were there and can't wait to go after his exams
Sorry ,I was thinking of us when we decided...our eldest was thirteen.
She is sixteen now and the other one is thirteen. Our youngest is nine.
Im sure they'd all get on perfectly!!!!!YEAH
Old Nov 18th 2006, 4:48 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone
I have returned!!!
Chuffed for you Wallaby, Nice to read a happy story, All the best

slange

Nic
Old Nov 18th 2006, 7:00 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone
I have returned!!!
Hiya......
Great to hear that you've all settled well, gives even more hope to us all when we're having a 'doubting' day!!!!
We are also heading to the GC hopefully in May 07. We will be staying in Tallebudgera with relatives to start with and have two kids, a lad of 13 and a girl of 10.
ENJOY.............C x