Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Feels like Christmas (my review of Seven Seas shipping)

Feels like Christmas (my review of Seven Seas shipping)

Old Sep 8th 2004, 12:28 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Feels like Christmas (my review of Seven Seas shipping)

Well, I've unpacked all my stuff (though still to be put away and most of it is lying on the bed ). I only had one casualty, which was the glass in a frame. To be honest it was probably my own fault for not packing it properly.

My only real complaint, would be that the boxes arrived before 7am this morning!! I'm sure I looked very attractive with my bed-head to the two delivery guys. I was amazed by the state the boxes were in, they looked like they hadn't gone past the end of my street in the UK, never mind across to the otherside of the world!!

I shipped all my stuff with Seven Seas. I have been impressed with them from the start. Their customer service was excellent. When I was waiting for my boxes to be delivered, the delivery guy couldnt find my address and so missed the delivery. The guys at Seven Seas kept me right upto date with what was happening and arranged for delivery the very next day. Problem solved.

Within a few days of my boxes being loaded onto the ship, I had a tracking number and have been able to follow my stuff on a map on the internet as it came across to OZ.

On Monday, exactly two weeks after my stuff was meant to arrive in Brisbane, I got a phonecall to tell me that it would be delivered today (wednesday). Only one of my six boxes was opened for quarantine (not the one with shoes, wood, medicines in it funny enough) so the whole process was quite smooth.

To anyone immigrating and just wanting to bring personal affects etc across I would completely recommend this company. I think it was Bondipom who used them and wasn't happy, but all the other reports on here seem pretty good. Some of it is just bad luck I guess.

Here is my earlier thread if it helps anyone, back when I was deciding who to ship with
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237043

Cheers
A happy unpacker

Last edited by mlbonner; Sep 8th 2004 at 12:31 am.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 2:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feels like Christmas (my review of Seven Seas shipping)

Hiya,
You're a happy bunny today then, I bet!! Does feel like Christmas doesn't it - I remember ripping things open just like a kid with new toys!
Glad your things arrived safely - makes a change to read a positive post about shipping!
Old Sep 8th 2004, 7:58 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hiya,
You're a happy bunny today then, I bet!! Does feel like Christmas doesn't it - I remember ripping things open just like a kid with new toys!
Glad your things arrived safely - makes a change to read a positive post about shipping!

Yep very happy (though also a bit sad coz I just got out my photo album). But anyway, almost all done now, just those bitty bits left, that never seem to actually have a home
Old Sep 8th 2004, 9:09 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Have to admit I still haven't dared to open my photo albums, silly isn't it.
Must be nice having somewhere to put everything - I'm sure one reason why I still don't feel settled is that three quarters of my things had to go back into boxes - most of it is books, and we have a serious lack of shelves - and I think it'll all stay packed till we manage to buy, which could be years!
Never mind, every so often I get a craving to read something particular and have a field day unpacking all over again!
Old Sep 8th 2004, 9:17 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully Seven Seas have sorted out their agents in Sydney (megatop). Our boxes were held hostage by the local agents in a dispute with Seven Seas. I don't know who was responisible but it was a nightmare. I had to initiate communcation with both sides and everyone contradicted themselves and each other. All very unsatisfactory.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:01 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by bondipom
Hopefully Seven Seas have sorted out their agents in Sydney (megatop). Our boxes were held hostage by the local agents in a dispute with Seven Seas. I don't know who was responisible but it was a nightmare. I had to initiate communcation with both sides and everyone contradicted themselves and each other. All very unsatisfactory.

Don't know if its a different agent all round, or just in Brisbane. Certainly I havent dealt with Megatop at all.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 12:09 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Its like christmas and birthdays all rolled into one, i grinned for days!

Still got a pile of boxes to unpack, but nowhere to put them yet. Seems its the usual stuff, books, records (yes!!big black round things!) photo albums etc etc
Old Sep 8th 2004, 1:42 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by hevs
Its like christmas and birthdays all rolled into one, i grinned for days!

Still got a pile of boxes to unpack, but nowhere to put them yet. Seems its the usual stuff, books, records (yes!!big black round things!) photo albums etc etc
LOL Hevs; I remember my nephew (then aged 10 ) saying "My dad has lots of funny round black things upstairs in the attic. He said they are like CDs. I think they are from the olden days, Have you got any stuff like that from old times?" At the time I was packing all my 33s and 45s.....oh, the innocence of youth!