Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Feeling Vulnerable!

Feeling Vulnerable!

Old May 1st 2005, 7:17 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Feeling Vulnerable!

January 2004 - Living the single life - own house, car and good job in Eastbourne. Then met the hubbie. Moved to Kent, sold my house, changed my job and got married at Christmas. Now quit my job, sold my car yesterday and going to a country I have never been to in June and suddenly I am feeling very vulnerable and :scared: I know it is going to be fine but it feels like I have been leaping off many cliffs during the past 17 months or so! Glad that I found this forum though as it has put my mind to rest a bit, especially seeing others in the same boat.
Old May 1st 2005, 7:26 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feeling Vulnerable!

Originally Posted by Vanessa
January 2004 - Living the single life - own house, car and good job in Eastbourne. Then met the hubbie. Moved to Kent, sold my house, changed my job and got married at Christmas. Now quit my job, sold my car yesterday and going to a country I have never been to in June and suddenly I am feeling very vulnerable and :scared: I know it is going to be fine but it feels like I have been leaping off many cliffs during the past 17 months or so! Glad that I found this forum though as it has put my mind to rest a bit, especially seeing others in the same boat.

Chill Vanessa, it will be fine you are embarking on a new and exciting adventure in your life amd those that take the risks are normally rewarded with good experiences.
Old May 1st 2005, 7:32 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

I`m a great believer in whats for you won`t go by you, if it`s meant to be it will happen. So sit back and enjoy your adventure - it`s bound to be a bit nerve wracking though, having so many big life changes so soon. Will send you some karma.
Old May 1st 2005, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Your feet haven't touched the ground. But as others have said, you'll be fine....what an adventure.

Your situtaion is similar to mine/husband's a few years ago....met hubby Dec 2000, he sold up and moved in with me 3 months later, soon persuaded him to move to Oz (he'd never been), he changed job Jan 02, we got married Mar 02, moved to Oz June 02................was pregnant by June 03 :scared: .

Looking back, I'd love to live my life like that agiain (don't get me wrong, we have a beautiful daughter) but, the feeling of being newly married, and discovering Australia together, being totally depenedant on each other whilst being free spirits away from everything that was familiar to us...what a buzz. You'll have a fabulous time....enjoy the journey
HP
Old May 1st 2005, 9:47 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Wow! Your feet haven't touched the ground. But as others have said, you'll be fine....what an adventure.

Your situtaion is similar to mine/husband's a few years ago....met hubby Dec 2000, he sold up and moved in with me 3 months later, soon persuaded him to move to Oz (he'd never been), he changed job Jan 02, we got married Mar 02, moved to Oz June 02................was pregnant by June 03 :scared: .

Looking back, I'd love to live my life like that agiain (don't get me wrong, we have a beautiful daughter) but, the feeling of being newly married, and discovering Australia together, being totally depenedant on each other whilst being free spirits away from everything that was familiar to us...what a buzz. You'll have a fabulous time....enjoy the journey

HP
Hello HP, haven't seen you around so much lately.
I was only saying to Merlot the other day " haven't seen HP around much lately".
Cor blimey and here you are

Now I was wondering if I could help you relive that wonderful time.
Shall we start with the pregnancy

Vanessa, there are a lot of people who envy what you are doing. Go with the flow; you'll know when to get off but don't think it's yet do you ? Grab it with both hands.....but don't sqeeze too tight cos his eyes will water
Old May 1st 2005, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Now I was wondering if I could help you relive that wonderful time.
Shall we start with the pregnancy
I've already got Cornish in me

You don't say which bits of the pregnancy you want to relive so how about we start with the irrational behaviour and sudden hysterical outbursts
Old May 1st 2005, 10:08 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
irrational behaviour and sudden hysterical outbursts
I don't care what Da Boss told you...I am not like that
Old May 2nd 2005, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Hi Vanessa,

I've had a rollercoaster of a time too, but the last year and a half have really been the best of my adult life! I was all set to come over with what I discovered at the last minute was the 'wrong' person. Gave up the dream for a while, met my fiance, brought him for a 3 week holiday last May, and waited (impatiently ) for him to get a skilled visa, and we arrived on the 16th March. We got engaged on my 30th on the 26th March and we're very happy. It's been exciting, nerve wracking, frustrating, funny, and at times just scary, but we're positive it's the best move we've ever made.

Only fly in the ointment is he can't get a job here in his field so's he's gonna have to start working away 4 weeks at a time, but he'll be home for 4 weeks at a time too, so we're focusing on the positive side of it.

Try and enjoy all aspects of it. It gets a bit surreal I think, cos you're so used to talking to folk about your plans, but when you actually come to do it, you think....sh** we're really doing this...it's huge!!!!!!!

Where are you moving to?
Old May 2nd 2005, 1:39 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

wow - didn't know - BIG congrats to you Logan! Vanessa - sit back and enjoy the ride! Who would want life to be dull and never take chances in life! Some you win - some you loose but it's the journey that counts! Colette x