Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Feeling sick, can't eat or sleep

Feeling sick, can't eat or sleep

Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all
Default Feeling sick, can't eat or sleep

Feeling sick, can't eat or sleep. This is what our friends have been feeling since Friday. Only getting 3 hrs sleep a night, only eating 1 meal a day, then feeling sick.

Reason for this: They got their Visa's

I thought it would be a time to celebrate and enjoy. Anyone else feel like this?
Old Sep 13th 2005, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Feeling sick, can't eat or sleep

Originally Posted by AndyD
Feeling sick, can't eat or sleep. This is what our friends have been feeling since Friday. Only getting 3 hrs sleep a night, only eating 1 meal a day, then feeling sick.

I thought it would be a time to celebrate and enjoy. Anyone else feel like this?
sounds like a mixture of excitement and stress.....i would say it depends on the invdividual..how do you normaly react to stress and excitement....*S*
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
sounds like a mixture of excitement and stress.....i would say it depends on the invdividual..how do you normaly react to stress and excitement....*S*
Snap! me too. Never been so scared in all my life, but it's now or never!
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vikk
cant wait to feel sick (for that reason) or not eat! (could do with dropping a few pounds) don't sleep now let alone if i get the visa!!

You will be fine, all the luck in the world to you xxxxxxxxxxx
Old Sep 14th 2005, 7:20 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds more like morning sickness if you ask me
Old Sep 14th 2005, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

I haven't felt sick but I haven't slept properly since I got my visa over a month ago, the reason being that's when I realised how much I had to organize for the move. Its also stressful because it is a step into the unknown.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by isgraham
I haven't felt sick but I haven't slept properly since I got my visa over a month ago, the reason being that's when I realised how much I had to organize for the move. Its also stressful because it is a step into the unknown.

Can't wait to feel that way myself.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 10:11 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

I have a knot the size of a fist in my stomach (and no, its not the dodgy prawn bhuna I had last night).

Being on the threshold of a life changing event is bound to have it's own unique pressure. I'm finding it REALLY hard to concentrate on my work (they know of my pending move but I haven't handed my notice yet) since my mind is full with how we will manage this from end-to-end. Dates. Meetings. Shipments. Viewings. Family issues.

Every house viewing is a cliff hanger, every email / phone call from job prospects a jangle of the nerves, every conversation with friends and family tense and edgy.

We have our visas. It seems the stress is just beginning.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by <")))><
I have a knot the size of a fist in my stomach (and no, its not the dodgy prawn bhuna I had last night).

Being on the threshold of a life changing event is bound to have it's own unique pressure. I'm finding it REALLY hard to concentrate on my work (they know of my pending move but I haven't handed my notice yet) since my mind is full with how we will manage this from end-to-end. Dates. Meetings. Shipments. Viewings. Family issues.

Every house viewing is a cliff hanger, every email / phone call from job prospects a jangle of the nerves, every conversation with friends and family tense and edgy.

We have our visas. It seems the stress is just beginning.
The Joys of life, i do believe that all what we go through is a real test. Some will pass sadly some will fell.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by vikk
GOOD FOR YOU~..
some never follow a dream..take a risk......i am with you!!!
Old Sep 15th 2005, 6:40 am
Just Joined

shimba is an unknown quantity at this point

We arrived 8 weeks ago, glad to say all the hell is there before you get into Oz and just to let you know it is a real anticlimax in customs theres no balloons or trumpets as there should be. I think its good to feel the stress now so that in the weeks after you arrive you can recall all the heartache getting in. ENJOY
Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
GOOD FOR YOU~..
some never follow a dream..take a risk......i am with you!!!