Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Feeling Positive about going!

Feeling Positive about going!

Old Jun 25th 2003, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Feeling Positive about going!

Went out for a drink with a friend of mine that I havn't seen for 6 years. She has lived abroad and is now settled in Durban SA.

It was great to be with someone that has made the move and hear her pros and con. Yes one con - not seeing the family. Hundreds of pros - lifestyle, weather, cost, food etc etc.

She told me I was definitely doing the right thing and is 90 +% certain we won't want to come back. It was so good to hear this from her.

She said when she flies back over she just thinks what a dump it is here now. And how expensive it is.

I feel 100% go for it at the moment, I just need to emotionally detach myself from my house so I can put it on the market and I will be there!
Old Jun 25th 2003, 4:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Very encouraging, Tina - just what I wanted to here after a day listneing to the office moan about everything from tax to the price of a haircut! Get me outa here!!! I need a fresh start, and hearing that its a good move, from people who've done it, is what we all need for a change.
I'm sure you can let the house go - just think of the new one you will get over there.....