Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Feeling like it will never happen

Feeling like it will never happen

Old Feb 7th 2005, 1:23 pm
Going stir crazy waiting!

Marie_m is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Feeling like it will never happen

It's now been 11 weeks and my partners defacto visa has still not come through! I'm starting to give up it's getting to us all that our lives are and have been on hold for what seems like forever. Before you ask there is nothing unusual about us, have been together for 3 years, front loaded application but also used a migration agent as we thought it would be easier!!! Little did we know.
We have had no end of trouble from them and whenever I phone and chase up they seem really annoyed at me He just said if we haven't heard by 12 weeks we can then start paniking!!! When our agent received our application they said it was brilliant and that they would be no probs, that was 11 weeks ago and still nothing. No additional info requested from AHC or that there was a problem with the medical.
Anyone had any similar experience? Sorry to moan guys, I know alot of you are and have been waiting alot longer than me and my heart goes out to you all.
Fingers crossed this is the week
Old Feb 7th 2005, 1:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feeling like it will never happen

Originally Posted by Marie_m
It's now been 11 weeks and my partners defacto visa has still not come through! I'm starting to give up it's getting to us all that our lives are and have been on hold for what seems like forever. Before you ask there is nothing unusual about us, have been together for 3 years, front loaded application but also used a migration agent as we thought it would be easier!!! Little did we know.
We have had no end of trouble from them and whenever I phone and chase up they seem really annoyed at me He just said if we haven't heard by 12 weeks we can then start paniking!!! When our agent received our application they said it was brilliant and that they would be no probs, that was 11 weeks ago and still nothing. No additional info requested from AHC or that there was a problem with the medical.
Anyone had any similar experience? Sorry to moan guys, I know alot of you are and have been waiting alot longer than me and my heart goes out to you all.
Fingers crossed this is the week
Hi Marie,
That does seem a fairly long time if its a straight forward de facto - were there any previous marroages/health issues/etc? cos that can all slow it down.
Maybe re-post this on the immigration forum as some of the agents there may have a suggestion? Sounds like it might be time to tell your agent either they contact Aus House for a progress report, or you will.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 1:36 pm

Cheers Pollyana,

My partner is divorced, no children on his side, x-rays were fine as were his blood tests and his police check was clear. As far as we were concerned everything was straight foward. We thought it would be done and dusted within two weeks. My agent has told me that they haven't received acknowledgement from AHC as they usually don't for these types of visa's. Is he pulling my leg? So I can't contact AHC as I have no ref for them. The only reason I know it has been sent is becuase they have taken the payment 11 weeks ago otherwise I would be seriously wondereing whether our agent had sent it or not.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 1:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Pollyana,

My partner is divorced, no children on his side, x-rays were fine as were his blood tests and his police check was clear. As far as we were concerned everything was straight foward. We thought it would be done and dusted within two weeks. My agent has told me that they haven't received acknowledgement from AHC as they usually don't for these types of visa's. Is he pulling my leg? So I can't contact AHC as I have no ref for them. The only reason I know it has been sent is becuase they have taken the payment 11 weeks ago otherwise I would be seriously wondereing whether our agent had sent it or not.

Well, from what I'vw read on here they don't usually send an acknowledgment, only the visa or a request for more info, cos the spouse visas are quicker and easier.
Personally - and this isn't professional advice, its just what I would do - I would make your agent contact Aus House asap for a confirmation of receipt and progress report purely because of the time factor. Thats a long time for a no hitches spouse visa. And if your agent won;t do it, contact them yourself, tell them when it was sent, and tell them you no onger want to deal through the agent, but direct, so can they please at least acknowledge they have received it.
if your agent kicks up about you insisting he contacts them, point out that spouse visas for people on this forum have been coming through in 2 weeks or less.

Fingers crossed for you that nothing has been lost in the post...let me know

Polly
Old Feb 7th 2005, 2:18 pm

Cheers Polly

How can I contact them directly? All I have seen on the website is a first enquiries email address, should I send it there? I will phone the agent this week and if we have no luck I will contact AHC myself. If AHC wanted more info or if something got lost in the post I would have thought they would have contacted us by now.
Thanks for your help Polly, will keep you posted.
Marie
Old Feb 8th 2005, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well, from what I'vw read on here they don't usually send an acknowledgment, only the visa or a request for more info, cos the spouse visas are quicker and easier.
Personally - and this isn't professional advice, its just what I would do - I would make your agent contact Aus House asap for a confirmation of receipt and progress report purely because of the time factor. Thats a long time for a no hitches spouse visa. And if your agent won;t do it, contact them yourself, tell them when it was sent, and tell them you no onger want to deal through the agent, but direct, so can they please at least acknowledge they have received it.
if your agent kicks up about you insisting he contacts them, point out that spouse visas for people on this forum have been coming through in 2 weeks or less.

Fingers crossed for you that nothing has been lost in the post...let me know

Polly
Hi Polly

Contacted agent today and when he called me back he said that he spoke to AHC and they told him that they have a backlog, should take 2 to 3 weeks to clear. Why do I feel that were being fibbed to?? Other de-facto's have taken 2 weeks and less to go through!!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Oh to only have been waiting 11 weeks.....

By the way Marie im Kent going Queensland- where you heading?
Old Feb 8th 2005, 2:50 pm

I know selfish aren't I when some of you have had to wait over a year! :scared: However I wouldn't be so bad if our agent hadn't have said when we lodged it that it will be a couple of weeks!!! I really sometimes wonder if they know what they are doing Were heading to Noosa, was supposed to be this month but will now hopefully be March. Where abouts are you off to? How much longer do you think you have left?

Marie
Old Feb 8th 2005, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

I know selfish aren't I when some of you have had to wait over a year! :scared: However I wouldn't be so bad if our agent hadn't have said when we lodged it that it will be a couple of weeks!!! I really sometimes wonder if they know what they are doing Were heading to Noosa, was supposed to be this month but will now hopefully be March. Where abouts are you off to? How much longer do you think you have left?

Marie
Off to the Sunshine Coast too! Would love it to be Noosa but may be a little on the expensive side. Really have to just go where the work is to begin with Hope to be out by December or Jan 06. Want one last xmas with all the family.
Where in Kent are you ?