Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Feeling just so bl##dy useless !!

Feeling just so bl##dy useless !!

Old Jul 27th 2005, 9:25 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feeling just so bl##dy useless !!

Originally Posted by Tass
Some karma sent to you all !
Thank you.
Tass.

P.S. Glad this made some of you think. I never for one minute considered a yound member of the family being the one I got the phone call about. :scared:
awwww Tass i really fell for u pal. thats the thing that make Oz shite !!!!!
i went through something like this a few months ago and its hell. u did the right thing posting on here. people are great and are willing to listen and try to lift u. even if they dont know u. i wish i had a way of making u feel better but i dont. just wanna send our love to u all and your wee nephew. now put the hat on and pretend Oz it pure dead brilliant awe the time
buy one of the phone cards and drive your sister mental with calls. it might do her heed in, but it will make u feel better.

soapy
Old Jul 27th 2005, 9:55 am
nik
Forum Regular

nik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nice

Hello Tass
I am really sorry to hear about your nephew - I hope things will be ok for him. It is so hard being away from close family when things like this happen. When we used to live in NZ something similar happened to us, and I kept in touch by phone and also by letter - a bit old fashioned but it was my grandmother who was ill and this was more her line of communication! I used to send letters, photos of places we had been and tried to keep the lines of communication open. I know she really appreciated the effort and maybe you could send your nephew some fun things (stickers/ colouring books?) so he knows you are thinking about him even if you can't be there in person.

They sound very lucky to have someone who cares so much!

All the best
Nik
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

Cheers Big man !
Some karma for you too ! I have a phonecard and my fingers are sore from dialling ! (does that still happen ?!?)
My "Aussie is brilliant hat" , has slipped a wee bit again , but I'm sure it'll be fine in the morning along with the rose tinted specs !
Thanks.
Take care,
Tass.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Nik,
I was going to write to him this week but couldn't think how to make it fun (total mind block) so thanks for the colouring book and stickers idea.Will be straight down the shops tommorow morning.
Karma sent .
Thanks again,
All the best.
Tass.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:39 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Big man !
Some karma for you too ! I have a phonecard and my fingers are sore from dialling ! (does that still happen ?!?)
My "Aussie is brilliant hat" , has slipped a wee bit again , but I'm sure it'll be fine in the morning along with the rose tinted specs !
Thanks.
Take care,
Tass.
now dont keep it all in, theres plenty out here willing to listen. if u get sick of listening to yourelf dont worry....i may talk pish, but im always here to listen.
now get the beer oot
ps oh i kust found the scoz in oz link. im back lol
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:58 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nik
Hello Tass
! I used to send letters, photos of places we had been and tried to keep the lines of communication open. I know she really appreciated the effort and maybe you could send your nephew some fun things (stickers/ colouring books?) so he knows you are thinking about him even if you can't be there in person.

They sound very lucky to have someone who cares so much!

All the best
Nik

i agree with what nik says...
ok, so you cant be there in person, but your family know you are there in spirit...and perhaps a few decent sized parcels of goodies for your nephew will absolutley cheer him up no end....kids like nothing better than a small box full of wee pressies to buck em up and forget thier troubles!!!

off at a tangent a bit here, but many years ago when i was a student nurse i got particularly emotionally involved with a patient, and when she was discharged she was so grateful for all i had done for her she gave me a small crystal "to remind me of how pure and unconditional friendship can be". another patient gave me a small china hand, to thank me for being her right hand when she was so ill, and to let me know how much she valued the help and support i had given her throughout her chemo. 18 years later i still have them and hold them very dear to my heart.
...just a thought, but perhaps a small keepsake (a small charm for a chain?) to your sister which is very personal between the two of you will let her know you are always with her in spirit, and something she can look at to remind her of your closeness.

crikey, pass me a tissue....

best wishes to you...

sue x
Old Jul 27th 2005, 1:26 pm
nik
Forum Regular

nik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nice

Just talking about the special gift idea - which is great, reminded me of a little plate my grandmother gave me when we were away. Its a bit of a tacky gift plate but the message said

" when this you see
think of me
tho many a mile
we distant be"

I often (and still do) looked at it and it reminded me of her - so sue's idea of something for your sister is great. She will be able to look at it and know that you are not too far away.

Keep your chin up!!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you again.
Sue I had actually been thinking of sending my sister something but thought it might be just too tacky but after reading your post and crying for the 100th time , I decided I am definately going to send her a "wee minding".
Nik , I'll be the one in the card shops in the local mall reading all the sentimental phrases and thinking they were wrote especially for me !
Better take some hankies with me !
Thanks again,
All the best,
Tass.x
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:05 pm
nik
Forum Regular

Thank you again.
Sue I had actually been thinking of sending my sister something but thought it might be just too tacky but after reading your post and crying for the 100th time , I decided I am definately going to send her a "wee minding".
Nik , I'll be the one in the card shops in the local mall reading all the sentimental phrases and thinking they were wrote especially for me !
Thanks again,
All the best,
Tass.x
Oh I know - I like to think I am not a softie, but some things just really get to me! I hope you are feeling better now and thanks for my karma - my first!! Am going to go to bed now, so take care,
bye for now
Nik x
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nik
Oh I know - I like to think I am not a softie, but some things just really get to me! I hope you are feeling better now and thanks for my karma - my first!! Am going to go to bed now, so take care,
bye for now
Nik x

Your welcome ! Thanks for your support ! Sleep well.
Tass.x
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

jacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond repute

Some karma sent to you all !
Thank you.
Tass.

P.S. Glad this made some of you think. I never for one minute considered a yound member of the family being the one I got the phone call about. :scared:
hi tass,

i hope little one is better, my parents emigrated 10 years ago, and both have been in hospital (now ok) but the feeling of helplessness is horrible, but am sure little one and family had lots of support!(try not to beat yourself up )

LOL

steve
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:24 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you again.
Thanks again,
All the best,
Tass.x
I think this is definitely the way forward At least then you have done something and will probably mean the world to your sister.

Any news on how your nephew is doing?
Hx
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:30 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Tass I feel so deeply for you and understand completely what you are going through. I had 'that dreaded call' about a three weeks ago. My wonderful Dad died from brain tumours on a Friday morning.....my flight home to the UK was leaving Perth on the same night. I didn't make it.

I spent two weeks back home, arranging funerals, sorting death certificates and pensions etc but mostly cuddling my Mum, who was understandably devestated by it all. Whilst I was there with her I felt useful, I was doing something to help her, even if it was only to just give her a cuddle. The worst part of all was walking away from her again at the airport. I've never felt quite so bad in all of my life. All I could think about on the plane back here was that in the space of two weeks I'd cremated my Dad and deserted my Mum, just when she needed me the most.

This all sounds doom and gloom Tass but it's not, honest! I've been back in Oz a week now and I call my Mum every day to see how she is, some days are o.k and some days she's very tearful. But just by me calling her and talking to her I'm showing her that I love her and that I always will, all of these miles between us will never change that fact. Calling and e-mailing is all any of us can do when something like mine and your situation occurs, but at least it's something. Just keep offering your support and love and your sister will know you are there whenever she needs to talk.

I know Oz is great in many ways but for me, it's 12000 miles too far from home at a time like this.

I'm sending you big cyber hugs :
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Hevs, Spoke with mum and dad last night. The wee fella is off his insulin pump now and had his 1st insulin injection.His fingers are all bruised and apparently he just cried and cried ! My sister was hoping to get him home soon but his sugar levels are climbing very high in between his injections and I have tried to explain that this will happen until they work out a regime for him.
I've decided tho, just to be the listening ear because I don't know what they are all being told and taught and I don't want to conflict with any advice they are being given.This is hard for me !!!
Whilst I was on the phone my mother dropped my little niece on her head and that made me feel even worse for my sister !!!
Will find out more tonight and let you all know,
Thanks ,
All the best,
Tass.x
P.S Karma sent.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:38 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hevs, Spoke with mum and dad last night. The wee fella is off his insulin pump now and had his 1st insulin injection.His fingers are all bruised and apparently he just cried and cried ! My sister was hoping to get him home soon but his sugar levels are climbing very high in between his injections and I have tried to explain that this will happen until they work out a regime for him.
I've decided tho, just to be the listening ear because I don't know what they are all being told and taught and I don't want to conflict with any advice they are being given.This is hard for me !!!
Whilst I was on the phone my mother dropped my little niece on her head and that made me feel even worse for my sister !!!
Will find out more tonight and let you all know,
Thanks ,
All the best,
Tass.x
P.S Karma sent.
Opps sorry but i did smirk about the niece, i can't help it, years of watching "you've been framed" has scarred me. (i take it shes ok??)

Listening is a fantastic thing to do, and will give strength to your sister. Well done to you Hx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.