Feeling guilty

Old Sep 16th 2003, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Feeling guilty

I have started to feel a bit guilty today. Everyone at my work knows and keeps asking me about it. Then 2 of my friends ring me up and talk about it. They tell me someone is organising a goodbye party etc.
I don't want to say goodbye, I would rather just slink off into the background and disappear!!

Oh dear it is beginning to feel real.

Reminder to myself to up my dose of St John's Wort tomorrow, it always does the trick!!
Old Sep 16th 2003, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feeling guilty

Originally posted by tinaj
I have started to feel a bit guilty today. Everyone at my work knows and keeps asking me about it. Then 2 of my friends ring me up and talk about it. They tell me someone is organising a goodbye party etc.
I don't want to say goodbye, I would rather just slink off into the background and disappear!!

Reminder to myself to up my dose of St John's Wort tomorrow, it always does the trick!!
Ahhh that's sweet. Imagine how you'd feel if they didn't give a fig.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 9:58 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Feeling guilty

Originally posted by tinaj

Totally understand. I don't think me & mrs. Chippy are into the leaving party thing either. It just makes it into an even bigger deal than it already is.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Thats what I would like to do too.

Whisky
Old Sep 16th 2003, 10:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I think its lovely of them to care that I'm leaving, but I don't think they are listening when I keep saying I don't want the collection, and the present, and all that stuff. I'd love to slink away unnoticed , but I've said I'm quite happy for us all to go to the pub and have a few beers, as I know by halfway through the evening half the people will be too drunk to remember what the occasion was that got them there!
What I can't stand is the sickly sweet comments I'll get in the card, and the hypocritical way that some people will say they will miss me - when in fact they can't wait to push me out of the door!
I'm thinking of putting up a sign saying "Genuine feelings ONLY to be put in my leaving card" - but I think the people its aimed at would miss the point!

Old Sep 16th 2003, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

What do you do at the daily grind Pollyana?

Whisky
Old Sep 16th 2003, 11:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I guess theres no harm in coming out of the closet now, cos my notice is in, and only 18 working days to go.
I spend my life looking at loops, whorls and arches! Spent 11 years dealing with criminal record checks (hence some of the answers on the immigration forum regarding police checks/subject access), but for the last 3 years I've been a fingerprint technician.
Lovely job, hate to leave it - pity I can't say the same about ALL the people I work with.......

And before anyone asks (it's always the next question) - I'm not a police officer, merely civilian support staff!