Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

feeling emotional - 2 weeks till i leave uk for good!!!!

feeling emotional - 2 weeks till i leave uk for good!!!!

Old Nov 7th 2008, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

taylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant future
Default feeling emotional - 2 weeks till i leave uk for good!!!!

cant believe its come around this quickly, it really does go so fast!!

am trying to sort out all my personnel things and all my daughters toys, she only 3 so wants to take everything.
we are not having anything shipped over, buying all new in oz, so its just sentimental things and all my clothes, so dont know how i will fit it all in!

Am going to dubai first for 2 months first as my parents live there (mum flying home tommorrow so i can use her baggage allowance on the way back )

my partner has been in sydney approx 5 weeks now, has a good job and his boss has said i can have a job too, so thats good. we know sydney having previously lived there for 6 months, so when i join him in jan we will go house hunting in the areas we like (parents coming with me also, to look after our daughter and so i can use thier baggage allowance again..lol - they are unaware of this at the moment..lol)

am just starting to say goodbyes to friends i dont get to see that often and i dont think its quite hit me yet, i feel abit numb really, in denial..lol, feel worried, excited, happy, sad, everything..lol

getting ready for some good partys though!!

kelly
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: feeling emotional - 2 weeks till i leave uk for good!!!!

Enjoy the highs, cope with the lows

This is a time like no other. I went through it somewhat numb not really appreciating what it was. Its one of those highly emotional times - your own wedding, funerals - not your own obviously- etc that you look back on and think "was that me? ".

I don't mean to be morbid just to express the out of body experience emigrating actually is. It's too big to take in all at once so you feel it a bit at a time.

Feeling weird is normal so ....feel weird

Good luck on your next step in the adventure
Old Nov 7th 2008, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Kelly, I am going to Sydney next week Via Singapore so arrive on the 19th. I also have a nearly 3 year old and have just been living in Dubai the last 3 years. I am no use really as I am in the same boat, I have about 12 emotions a day as well (I am in the Uk at the moment saying bye AGAIN to family).PM me if you fancy meeting up or just to chat when you arrive and enjoy Dubai when you get there it's lovely weather right now!!

PP x
Old Nov 7th 2008, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

stevo96 has a spectacular aura aboutstevo96 has a spectacular aura aboutstevo96 has a spectacular aura about

2 weeks - try 2 days! We fly out on Sunday with a 5 yr old and a 18 month old. And we have no jobs as yet! That's stressful.... Oh and to rub salt in the wound the inlaws are with us for the first 3 months. I still wouldnt change it for the world! good luck.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

taylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant future

with 2 days to go i would need to be sedated..lol

good luck, the in laws will probably be a good help though, can look after the kids whilst u look for work and house, that why my mum and dad coming (also for his wallet..lol)

kelly

have sent you PM plantpot
Old Nov 7th 2008, 2:02 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

In keeping with the 2's theme - I have 22 days to go. And as for 12 emotions a day - I have 12 at the same time. I only have myself to worry about however, managed to get double baggage allowance and am sending 20 boxes with shippers - so I got no stress I guess.

Anyhoo - good luck everyone, safe journeys, and see you out there!