Feeling blue

Old Jun 8th 2004, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of
Default Feeling blue

I am getting scared now. Especially because the weather here is so nice at the moment and I sort of wish I could stay in Plymouth with my parents (not in their house!) but the job situation in this neck of the woods is non-existent, and there are plenty of other reasons that we want to emigrate. I am sure that I will feel much happier when we get there - I just keep comparing how I feel now to how I felt the day the visa grant letter arrived - totally different.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Its been a long journey for you mummy. I am sure that give it a couple of months, once you have settled a bit you will be fine.
i do know how you feel as I get days like that
Old Jun 8th 2004, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

I'm not sure how we'll feel when Reality hits us - were still in the honeymoon period - post grant - but slowly moving into the long lists and slight panic stage.

What were your original reaons for wanting to move? and are they still relevant?

Leaving friends and family is always going to be hard - I guess that crystallises though with 3 weeks to go.

Wishing you all the best - I hope it all works out well for you.

olive
Old Jun 8th 2004, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont worry, the wobbles are normal...the last few weeks are really tough, try to make the most of everyone while you're there and remember why you're doing this,
Good luck,
Michaela
Old Jun 8th 2004, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Last minute wobbles Mummy - I'm sure everyone gets them ! It'll be cold and raining by the weekend so I'm sure you'll be back on course.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

andrecat is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats exactly how I felt!

Suddenly I just didnt want to leave home. Everything just seemed OK and I started to miss my home and my friends before we even went! I sat in the sunshine, listening to the birdsong and waiting for our friends to come home so we could all stroll up to the local pub and I thought 'why am I doing this? I like my life!'.

But you just have to focus, to remember that you made the choice to move for good reasons and that its natural to have doubts, its a bit like grieving for something you are going to loose i suppose. And once you go, you have to remind yourself of those reasons if you get low. Im sure you will be fine, think of all those lovely white sandy beaches!
Old Jun 8th 2004, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by sjn2003
Last minute wobbles Mummy - I'm sure everyone gets them ! It'll be cold and raining by the weekend so I'm sure you'll be back on course.
Let's hope so!

I'm sure I'll feel better when I go up to my in-laws rather than my parents. No offence to the in laws but I do love my parents!