Feeling blue 2

Old Sep 10th 2004, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Feeling blue 2

Firstly I want to wish Big bird good luck with the house viewing, I have my fingers crossed for you.

The reason I am feeling blue is because the buyers of our house have threatened to pull out today. They are going on holiday apparantly and want a written builders report on our house before they go or they will pull out of the deal. We had their written survey two weeks ago. Which basically listed a few problems with the house. We had a builder come out on wednesday told us the reapirs were minimal and non urgent and promised us a written report by today, but as yet nothing. So the chances of us getting the report today are minimal, ie nil.

Tim my hubby is going to phone the estate agent and offer to drop the price by two thousand. But I think that wont make any difference. I am totally gutted. I had hoped to be out in Oz for Chritmas to be with my sister. Our baby was stillborn in March, so this Chritmas will be hard enough, now I just feel totally disappointed. Sorry to be so negative.

From Katie
Old Sep 10th 2004, 12:45 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Feeling blue 2

Originally Posted by KatieStar
Firstly I want to wish Big bird good luck with the house viewing, I have my fingers crossed for you.

The reason I am feeling blue is because the buyers of our house have threatened to pull out today. They are going on holiday apparantly and want a written builders report on our house before they go or they will pull out of the deal. We had their written survey two weeks ago. Which basically listed a few problems with the house. We had a builder come out on wednesday told us the reapirs were minimal and non urgent and promised us a written report by today, but as yet nothing. So the chances of us getting the report today are minimal, ie nil.

Tim my hubby is going to phone the estate agent and offer to drop the price by two thousand. But I think that wont make any difference. I am totally gutted. I had hoped to be out in Oz for Chritmas to be with my sister. Our baby was stillborn in March, so this Chritmas will be hard enough, now I just feel totally disappointed. Sorry to be so negative.

From Katie

Sorry to hear that Katie, sounds like its been a year to forget. But hey Its not stopping you going to Aus, its just stalling it a little & you just need to look through the threads here to see how many it happens to.
So chin up girl, think of the thousands who want to go to Aus & can't because they don't have enough points.
You will get here, maybe not right away but you WILL get here & youve got many many years ahead to enjoy it.
Now stop being gutted & start thinking positive.

Old Sep 10th 2004, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

From Katie
Katie,

Sorry to hear your problems! You always think you are the only one, but you are probably the same as us, got your visa and just want to start that new life.

We are obviously the lucky ones WITH VISAS, but sometimes I forget that is normally the hardest part for most people. The hardest part for us is the damn house.

Our buyers pulled out 2/3 weeks ago blaming the drains - even though they were fixed and signed off by the NHBC. Lack of cash came to mind!

I really hope they continue the purchase of your house. Chin up and keep thinking of the end result.

Best of luck

Hev
Old Sep 10th 2004, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Thanks you both for your kind replies.

Bordy - you are so right it has not been a great year, but I need to stay positive and have faith that everything will be ok.

Hev - you are so right too, we are at the suposedly easy stage of the process, house selling etc, but for me this has been the most stressfull part of the process. We are so fortunate to have our visas but it is frustrating that we can't get on with our new lives.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Al H is an unknown quantity at this point

From Katie
Katie

I hope everything works out for you on the house front, but if it doesn't there will be other buyers out there. You will get to Oz beofre long whether it is before or after Xmas

I am really sorry to hear about your baby - my sister in law has just gone through something very similar and I have some idea of how you must feel. I've sent you some karma , but just remeber that things will work out in the end

Alastair
Old Sep 10th 2004, 6:43 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

From Katie
Hiya Katie,
book your tickets and no ,atter what happens with the hous go on holiday to Oz over Christmas. have a good holiday.

Buyers are funny things, don't worry there will be another.
You could alway's get hubby to come back after Christmas to sort out the sale, whilst you stay in Oz.

Bye
Mark
Old Sep 10th 2004, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alistair - thanks for your kind message. I send my best wishes to your sister in law and your brother. It is a hard thing for anyone to go through.

Mark - Good idea. My Dad said something similar, he said a lot of people move out without selling their houses and leave the keys with the estate agent.

Our estate agent made contact with the buyers again and they have come up with another ultimatum that the building work to the house be complete by the 1st of october. It is only minor stuff but I don't know whether it will be possible to get it done in three weeks. The builder who surveyed our house was suppossed to contact us this evening to arrange a date for doing the work, but didn't bother. I am going to phone some more building companies in the morning. So if anyone knows any good builders in Belfast that are free to do repairs
Old Sep 10th 2004, 8:59 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

From Katie
Hello Katie,
Youve had a hell of a time,so sad to read your post,my thoughts are with you all x
Basically my thinking is, if this couple want the house badly enough,negotiate a price,get them to do what work THEY think needs done,do not ever let anyone think they have the better of you,its your house,you are selling it as it is-take it or leave it?
You call the shots,its just not worth the hassle or the stress,youve been through enough & there is more than one couple that will want your house.
Pull the rug from under them,i bet they will get a fright & at least you will know whether they are serious or just messing you about to see how much more they can squeeze from you.
We only had four viewings,house was up for four weeks! 2 viewings on the second night & then nothing until 3wks later another two,last couple wanted the house,shittin myself everything goes smoothly(ist dec) & hoping we get our visas inbetween too
Want to be in Oz for xmas.
Please hang in there,dont worry yourself senseless over it, as i said its not worth it,& youve been through enough.
Donna.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

dear katie, firstly sorry to hear your sad news, i'm thinking of you and hope that next year brings you way too much happiness... x

if i were in your situation with the house sale , i wouldn't drop your house price, (why should you lose out), instead i would contact your unreliable builder asap, explain the urgency, and the two grand you were going to let go, offer the builder a cash in hand incentive to do the work as quick as possible...

pay him the price he asks legit so he can put it through the books, but say on completion of work as quick as he can, you'll give say, a little backhander! i know he comes out better off again, but it's an option instead of just letting go of 2 grand and the probability that you may still have to have work done!! sounds like your buyers want it all their way, do they know that you are desperate to move to australia, and therefore feel they have the upper hand?

hope your buyers get sunstroke, or that hurricane frances just skims them and takes some skin!

wish there was an easy solution for you, selling houses is the pits!

hoping it turns out good for you,

honeybob....
Old Sep 11th 2004, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Donna - Thanks for your reply. I have my fingers crossed that everything works out for you and you get your visas soon and the house sale goes through ok. I think 'cus our house has been on the market a year and this is the only offer we have had we want to do everything we can to make it work. The estate agent told my hubby they are a nice couple who want to buy a house with no building work involved that is why they are really putting the pressure on for us to get the work done. They really want our house but aren't prepared to do any building work.

Hi honeybob - thanks also, I hope the next year will be a good one as well for everyone, fingers crossed we will all be in Oz. Selling houses is certainly the pits lol. I am thinking now there is no way I want to buy another house ever after this experience.

I supose I feel that the builder is unrealiable if he is not going to even phone me and give me a date how can I trust him to get the work done on time. I phoned another builder this am and told him the tight schedule we are under and he is coming out on monday night at 7pm to have a look at the work. Hopefully he can get it done. It is a very tight deadline.

Thanks again
From Katie

ps Donna I tried to give you some Karma, but apparantly I have given out too much, so I will give you some out later. They are very tight with their karma lol.

Last edited by KatieStar; Sep 11th 2004 at 9:22 am.