Reload this Page >

feelin ov lump in throat.......

Wikiposts

feelin ov lump in throat.......

Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:36 am
WBB

Originally posted by Pollster
That's better!!
i will never be taken seriously on this site again, maybe i should abdicate my crown to wenger.

Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:39 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Were you ever taken seriously before?
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:39 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by WBB
no no no, really i do know where your coming from with this, i suffer from it too, it is not painful just uncomfy and makes swallowing seem weird....you could always spit

what you spit?

love boomie
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:40 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: feelin ov lump in throat.......

Originally posted by Boomie
but i cant say im stressed out........ well i wasnt concerned about anythin till this started up

love boomie
xx
It's not necessarily a stress related problem.Can be a kind of habit disorder.Unfortunately when it starts it makes you worry and you focuss on it and that makes it worse.- vicious circle.

It will go away eventually.
It really is very common.

Hope it improves soon

G
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:46 am

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Grayling
It's not necessarily a stress related problem.Can be a kind of habit disorder.Unfortunately when it starts it makes you worry and you focuss on it and that makes it worse.- vicious circle.

It will go away eventually.
It really is very common.

Hope it improves soon

G
a woman who i work with has it too, and her sister has just died ov neck cancer...... i went on the internet to look it up....... it really freaked me out..... they went onto talk about a reflux and cancer..... i went up to the emergancy docs cuz i was so wound up......not impressed for wasting time....... but its so frustrating......just no cure when ya want one asap!!

love boomie
xx
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:53 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

a woman who i work with has it too, and her sister has just died ov neck cancer...... i went on the internet to look it up....... it really freaked me out..... they went onto talk about a reflux and cancer..... i went up to the emergancy docs cuz i was so wound up......not impressed for wasting time....... but its so frustrating......just no cure when ya want one asap!!

love boomie
xx
Boomie
I think that is a classical example of focussing on one part of your body and then developing a symptom.
All sorts of psychosomatic conditions start that way.

You will be OK.

It will pass in time. If not then seek help as I suggested.It can be very distressing.

Best wishes

G
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:56 am

Boomie
I think that is a classical example of focussing on one part of your body and then developing a symptom.
All sorts of psychosomatic conditions start that way.

You will be OK.

It will pass in time. If not then seek help as I suggested.It can be very distressing.

Best wishes

G
thanx grayling........most comforting........ do ya have letters after ya name!

love boomie
xxxx

Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:57 am
Bitter and twisted

PS
keep off the Internet.
There are all sorts of horrible things to read about on there:scared:

G
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:59 am
Bitter and twisted

thanx grayling........most comforting........ do ya have letters after ya name!

love boomie
xxxx

Quite a few

G
Old Jan 31st 2004, 11:09 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

has anyone else suffered from this?

Nothin there ........ its just a feelin there is.........its called somthin like hystericus globulas......... bought on by stress ......i'm led to believe.....but its so anoying!!

love boomie
xx

OMG...can't believe you have this!

Boomie I can't believe you have this too I have had it this week. It feels like your food is stuck when you swallow but it's not sore. I have put it down to stress and when I accepted this it miraculously dissapeared. Strange though never had anything like it before and to be honest always thought people who had things like this were a bit neurotic!!

I'll tell you what though when I sat down and realized what we have going on right now I don't think I've ever been under so much stress in my life what with the house sale and trying to find a rental and the impending medicals! On top of this we have friends bursting into tears.

It makes me feel better to know i am not going mad.

Max
Old Jan 31st 2004, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

I've had it too, not that I felt particularly stressed at the time, must have been though. Couple of things helped - sleeping on a slightly higher pillow than normal & taking indigestion remedies when it felt particularly bad - don't know if these were really placebos but they seemed to help. It lasted a few weeks but eventually went away, occasionally comes back.

Easier said than done but try not to focus on it & think about it too much!

Loopy
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:17 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

PS
keep off the Internet.
There are all sorts of horrible things to read about on there:scared:

G
A very valid point there - whenever my hubby (a hypochrondriac) thinks something is wrong with him (most days), he goes a-searching - then I have to calm him down and convince him he hasn't got some rare disease.
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:26 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Pollster
A very valid point there - whenever my hubby (a hypochrondriac) thinks something is wrong with him (most days), he goes a-searching - then I have to calm him down and convince him he hasn't got some rare disease.
I must be a bit like him, I had this bad pain in the chest recently, looked it up and worked out I had 6 months left to live. The doctor gave me something for reflux!

PS: If you notice me disappear from this site in July, you know not to trust the doctors

Old Feb 1st 2004, 2:36 am

Default thankx guys

glad im not on my own....

love boomie
xx
Old Feb 1st 2004, 2:51 am
earlswood

Default Re: thankx guys

glad im not on my own....

love boomie
xx
Thank god, I've had the same thing since just before xmas...........
Havn't been to the docs just been secretly worried about the meds incase it was something nasty............................

I think it must be stress if a few of us have got it...........

I have noticed I don't have it when the JD and coke is going down nicely

Think this will be another topic we can discuss in a couple of weeks Boomie

Earlswood

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.