Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Feedback on shipping - PSS

Feedback on shipping - PSS

Old Nov 23rd 2004, 6:58 pm
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough
Default Feedback on shipping - PSS

We're part way through our move having sold our house and shipped our stuff - but we've not yet left the UK.

We used PSS having read many good things about them on this forum and I'm pleased to say that all the praise was merited. They had a team of three packers, all of whom were polite, efficient and careful. They somehow managed to fit all of our possessions into the tardis-like 20 foot container. The great thing about the container is that although it's 20 foot long, it's also 10 foot high so they are able to stack boxes incredibly efficiently. We'd been quoted c. 1,100 square feet of stuff but it all went in with room to spare. Two of the packers were very experienced and I think that's the key to getting it all fitted into the container as it really is a jigsaw puzzle.

The packers worked very hard and quickly but seemed to be packing carefully throughout. The proof of the pudding though will be in opening the boxes in Brisbane! The ship arrives late Dec and should clear customs mid-Jan so I'll let you all know what state our possessions arrive in. At the half way point though I'd award PSS five out of five.

See you on the other side.

GLR
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Feedback on shipping - PSS

Originally Posted by GLR
We're part way through our move having sold our house and shipped our stuff - but we've not yet left the UK.

We used PSS having read many good things about them on this forum and I'm pleased to say that all the praise was merited. They had a team of three packers, all of whom were polite, efficient and careful. They somehow managed to fit all of our possessions into the tardis-like 20 foot container. The great thing about the container is that although it's 20 foot long, it's also 10 foot high so they are able to stack boxes incredibly efficiently. We'd been quoted c. 1,100 square feet of stuff but it all went in with room to spare. Two of the packers were very experienced and I think that's the key to getting it all fitted into the container as it really is a jigsaw puzzle.

The packers worked very hard and quickly but seemed to be packing carefully throughout. The proof of the pudding though will be in opening the boxes in Brisbane! The ship arrives late Dec and should clear customs mid-Jan so I'll let you all know what state our possessions arrive in. At the half way point though I'd award PSS five out of five.

See you on the other side.

GLR

Thanks for this. We've got PSS coming in just under a month now and it's good to know that they come highly recommended. I am quite looking forward to having someone else pack for me for once!
Reading posts like this really does make me feel more easy about it all.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 11:58 pm
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feedback on shipping - PSS

Took 11 weeks for 400(ish) cubic feet, London to Canberra. 63 packages/boxes and no damage at all.

So another thumbs up for PSS here.

Big.