Reload this Page >

fee question for the more senior ones

fee question for the more senior ones

Old Aug 8th 2002, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Ktln is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation fee question for the more senior ones

Hello to everyone.

I do not launch usually threads, but this time I'm really bewildered.

We applied for skilled independent at the beginning of June (by the way, I was asking at some point how long it should take to have an answer) and, surprise, we receive our file back!

Why? No correct application fee included.
Well, I thought first that it was only an error of processing. As the fee was paid to the embassy here where we leave, and only a special stamp was put on the documents, maybe this was overlooked. But no. Going on the official site we see that fees were changed!

But, wait a minute! I see that everyone here is mentioning the change of fees from 1 July and I have paid on 25 May to DIMIA and they have received my application on 13 June!

Could someone give me a hint of what is happening? I am going to pay anyway the difference (what else could I do?!), but surely the situation is not so easy to digest.

Should I launch a query dirrectly to Adelaide centre?
Old Aug 8th 2002, 9:48 pm
Jaj

Default Re: fee question for the more senior ones

To make a valid application to Adelaide the fee must be included.

What do you mean about 'paying the fee to the embassy' - since 1 Nov 2001 you cannot
lodge forms or fees at an overseas embassy. Plus you say 'when we leave' - what do
you mean by that?

Anyway, if you didn't make a valid application in June you got to do so now and the
new fee will apply.

Jeremy

>On 8 Aug 2002 21:15:09 GMT, Ktln <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Hello to everyone.
    >I do not launch usually threads, but this time I'm really bewildered.
    >We applied for skilled independent at the beginning of June (by the way, I was
    >asking at some point how long it should take to have an answer) and, surprise, we
    >receive our file back!
    >Why? No correct application fee included. Well, I thought first that it was only an
    >error of processing. As the fee was paid to the embassy here where we leave, and
    >only a special stamp was put on the documents, maybe this was overlooked. But no.
    >Going on the official site we see that fees were changed!
    >But, wait a minute! I see that everyone here is mentioning the change of fees
    >from 1 July and I have paid on 25 May to DIMIA and they have received my
    >application on 13 June!
    >Could someone give me a hint of what is happening? I am going to pay anyway
    >the difference (what else could I do?!), but surely the situation is not so
    >easy to digest.
    >Should I launch a query dirrectly to Adelaide centre?
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 10th 2002, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Ktln is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, Jeremy.

"Where we live" was the correct spelling. I think I was in a hurry.

Me and my husband are resindents of Cyprus for 2 years now. We have asked the embassy here, how should we make a bank transfer to DIMIA (account details, etc.) and they said that we could pay directly at their office.

They also offered to send the application to Adelaide, but I preferred to mail it personally.

Now, they have instructed me to pay the difference also at their office.

Should I request a money refund and send an international draft to Adelaide?