Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

FedExing items to Sydney

FedExing items to Sydney

Old Apr 30th 2003, 6:48 am
Sydneysider and lovin it!

Dinky is on a distinguished road
Default FedExing items to Sydney

Trying to plan a holiday in American on route to Sydney in October. Rather than carry jewellery, watches and other items round America with us has anybody had any experiencing of FedExing such items to Oz? As a migrant do the wonderful customs people still try and charge tax on such items?

Cheers!
Dinky
Old Apr 30th 2003, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice
Default Re: FedExing items to Sydney

Hi Dinky,

We're planning to do the same in August and I was also wondering what to do about jewellery (not that I've got lots) as I don't fancy carrying all of it with us in the US for a month. Reading through the insurance forms for the removals firm last night it would appear that they don't allow it to go in the container either and will not insure it.

I was going to look into sending it by courier so I'll let you know how I get on and what they say. Any other info on this would be really appreciated. Let me know what you decide and have a great time in the States - I can't wait!!!

Julie
Old Apr 30th 2003, 8:25 am

bored_bean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FedExing items to Sydney

Originally posted by Macquarie
Hi Dinky,

We're planning to do the same in August and I was also wondering what to do about jewellery (not that I've got lots) as I don't fancy carrying all of it with us in the US for a month. Reading through the insurance forms for the removals firm last night it would appear that they don't allow it to go in the container either and will not insure it.

I was going to look into sending it by courier so I'll let you know how I get on and what they say. Any other info on this would be really appreciated. Let me know what you decide and have a great time in the States - I can't wait!!!

Julie
DHL say that they won't/can't carry jewellery to Aus
http://www.dhl.com/wrd/commod/au.html