Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Feb Acknowedgment & still waiting

Feb Acknowedgment & still waiting

Old Jul 19th 2006, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice
Default Feb Acknowedgment & still waiting

My Husband my Little boy of 7 and myself, had our Visa Acknowedgment on the 7th of February we are on a Skilled Sponsered Visa non-MODL under a Communications Linesperson but hes an Electrician by trade.
I was beginning to wonder why we had nt heard anything from a case officer yet as its been over 5 months, i contacted my agent and he then contacted the DIMA and they told him they are so behind at the moment and that there still processing Novembers applicants :scared: i can t believe it he said it could be another 3 months before they look at it . The worse thing is we front loaded our medicals and police checks to them in the middle of May!! Far to soon. I just hope we get our visas this year sometime im so fed up of waiting now checking my emails and getting dissapointed.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 8:21 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feb Acknowedgment & still waiting

Take a look in the Australia Immigration forum at the thread called Current Processing Times. Once a week it is updated with the most recent case officer allocations. And your agent was correct in telling you that they are processing November/December non-MODL applications right now. You will probably have another 3 months' wait to hear from your CO.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

KeilaK will become famous soon enoughKeilaK will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ormrod7
My Husband my Little boy of 7 and myself, had our Visa Acknowedgment on the 7th of February we are on a Skilled Sponsered Visa non-MODL under a Communications Linesperson but hes an Electrician by trade.
I was beginning to wonder why we had nt heard anything from a case officer yet as its been over 5 months, i contacted my agent and he then contacted the DIMA and they told him they are so behind at the moment and that there still processing Novembers applicants :scared: i can t believe it he said it could be another 3 months before they look at it . The worse thing is we front loaded our medicals and police checks to them in the middle of May!! Far to soon. I just hope we get our visas this year sometime im so fed up of waiting now checking my emails and getting dissapointed.

Hi

Just wondering why you didn't apply for a MODL visa if your hubbie is an electrician? You would have been a priority application and would probably have had your visa by now

Keila
Old Jul 19th 2006, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Originally Posted by KeilaK
Hi

Just wondering why you didn't apply for a MODL visa if your hubbie is an electrician? You would have been a priority application and would probably have had your visa by now

Keila
We did nt apply for Electrician because we got our TRA accepted 6 years ago and back then it was nt in demand and he had nt been actually working as a electrician for many years he got into the Fibre Optics side and Communications Linesperson was what they came back with for him.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ormrod7
We are in exactly the same position, 138 non-MODL and frontloaded. I get the aspc email updates and look at austimeline regularly and we've still got a while to go. I'd guess another 6 - 8 weeks looking at how they seem to be moving currently. I did notice this week that the only progression was in offshore vsas, so maybe that's a good thing and might speed it up a bit, but that could all change again next week!
Old Jul 20th 2006, 8:17 am
Visa Granted 04/07/2006

zeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Feb Acknowedgment & still waiting

Hi!

For non-MODL, DIMA is only processing up to early December at the moment. It will take some time more...

Extract from ASPC email:

"...Non-Priority Applications: In the range of 28 November to 5 December 2005..."

Anyway, there are a few things you can do to kill time while waiting:

a) You can see how most of the other February applicants are doing here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...69#post3736469

b) You can also see how most of the other applicants (other than BEs) are doing time wise here:

http://austimeline.com/

c) Send an blank email to [email protected] every Tuesday and see the latest ASPC time line

d) Join the Waiting Club (aka BE Forum) and try very hard not to go insane

Good Luck!

CHEERS